Why can't I move down the Bills and Income Reminders panel?

pleroux
pleroux Member ✭✭
Recently, the "Bills and Income Reminders" panel has moved to the right of my "Watch List" panel, significantly reducing the size of the Watchlist which is more important to me. Very annoying as it used to sit at the bottom and stay there. No matter what Views I use, the problem remains. I have never been able to understand why those panels cannot be moved or re-sized to our satisfaction. I'm using the Quicken DeLuxe version for Canada on Windows 10.

Answers

• pleroux
    pleroux Member ✭✭
    For a brief moment I thought I had resolved the issue by customizing the Home view and removing an extra Accounts panel. Now I'm left with only two panels to the right of the narrow accounts panel: The Watchlist and the Bills and Income reminders. Problem is, the Bills and Income panel has stretched itself horizontally and reduced the size of the Watchlist significantly, thus preventing me from properly seeing all numbers at once. Once again: Why can't we adjust the size of those damn panels? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is a feature that has been asked for, being able to to control the sizes of the "Widgets" in the Home tab, for many years, but then have never done it.  They are dynamically sized, and basically you have no control over that,  Depending on what is positioned next to each other and the size of the space available (based on the size of the main Quicken window).

For instance I have See Where Your Money Goes and Projected Balances on one of my views and they take up the full length of the Home tab.  On another view I have Projected Tax, Income Year-to-Date, Taxable Income YTD and those each take up 1/3 of the Home tab all on one row.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pleroux
    pleroux Member ✭✭
    Hey Chris, Thank you for your comments confirming the issue. For the time being I have been able to solve my problem by inverting the top/bottom choices in customizing the view. This has moved one to the left and the other to the right and permits me to see the whole screen in Watchlist. However, all this wasted time would be avoided if we could just simply re-size as we do in so many programs. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes changing the width of the Quicken window by a small amount, making it narrower or wider, can help make Quicken rethink the width of individual Home page views.
    To make the Home view portion of the Quicken window wider or narrower you can also change the width of the Account Bar.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW for what it is worth, this is on my wish list for the new Home tab "Dashboard".  Quicken Windows Canadian doesn't have it yet, but I'm sure it will in time.  In that case the size of "widgets" is always a fixed size.  I get the feeling that the intent is to eventually replace the old Home tab views/widgets with it, but it has a very long way to go, and hopefully they will put in much more of the customizations like this that people have been asking for, for decades.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.