credit card payments showing as deposits

So I paid my Discover card, got the question " Is this the next scheduled payment to Discover Card....." I said "yes" now it shows as a deposit into the account from which it is scheduled to be paid from. This is not the first time this has occurred but at first I believed I must have done something wrong, this time I was very careful. Anyone else have this occur?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    How are you recording that payment?  In which account?  And, in that account, the amount is in which column? And what's the "Category" in that account?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    I recorded that payment as I have always, using "Enter" either from the "Bills and Income" tab in the Manage Bills manually, either way the Enter is the same. I put in the amount due, the account from which it should be paid is already there and then I hit enter. The question from Quicken was as stated in the initial post, I answered "yes" and it wound up in the Income column.... This was the second time my Discover bill has appeared in the "income" column following payment.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without seeing the Scheduled Reminder definitions that you are using, I can only guess.
    The easiest way, IHMO, would be to delete the reminder and redefine it as a transfer transaction in the Checking account, where you transfer from [Checking] to [Discover]. That would make sure the amount has the correct sign attached, negative in checking and positive in Discover.