Missing PayPal voided transaction

Newbie to Quicken Mac here. I have my PayPal connected to Quicken so it auto-downloads all my transactions.

I made a purchase then a same-day cancellation from a vendor (see first screenshot). It shows up correctly when I'm logged into PayPal: first an authorization, then a void.

But when Quicken downloaded the transactions, it only logged the authorization, and has no knowledge of the voiding. See the second screenshot.

Is it normal for Quicken to miss something like this? How can I force it to re-check for it?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @aksdjfhlk23fkjhsa

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Paypal. There is the chance that the transaction might not have cleared just yet causing the issue. It could also be that the payment might have been mistaken for the payment but that's difficult to say as well. 

With this being the first time this has happened I would wait to see if it's a one-time occurrence or it's something that's consistent. You should be able to add the void into the register then if it does come in it should match if it's the same amount/payee. 

Please let us know if you see a similar issue again and we can take a deeper look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Thank you Quicken Francisco. This transaction was from March 2021. How much longer should I wait?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @aksdjfhlk23fkjhsa

I didn't notice how far back it was for that specific transaction my mistake. If that's the case then I believe if you haven't seen anything else in that time period I would say it was a one-time occurrence.  I would recommend manually adding the transaction then if we see the issue again we can look at what could potentially be causing the issue.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Its likely that PayPal didn't download the void transaction. Keep in mind that what you see logging into the PayPal web site is not what Quicken sees when it logs in to download transactions. Frankly, it seems odd that an authorization would download; an authorization is not a real transaction, and typically with most credit cards, and authorization would not download. Quicken only shows what it receives from the financial institution, so if you have a recurrence of this, I'd reach out to PayPal support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.