trying to renew online..

MoKel
MoKel Member
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
I have learned to order the disc for local back up. My internet went down for a day and I couldn't access my Quicken on the web files. So I am trying to purchase and renew but can't figure out how to enter the shipping information and the purchase won't go through. Any ideas?

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You're wasting your money by buying a disc. Just download a copy of the Quicken installation program and save it to a flash drive.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Or save it to a CD or to a DVD or an external hard drive or to a cloud location.  But really, unless you plan to disconnect your Internet or to let your Quicken subscription expire at some point there really is no longer a need to save a copy of the installation file.  As long as your subscription is active and you plan to keep Internet service if you should ever need to reinstall Quicken you can just download the latest version from Quicken.com:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• MoKel
    MoKel Member
    PS When I hit the "Change Address" tab, the field disappears
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You're wasting your money by buying a disc. Just download a copy of the Quicken installation program and save it to a flash drive.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Or save it to a CD or to a DVD or an external hard drive or to a cloud location.  But really, unless you plan to disconnect your Internet or to let your Quicken subscription expire at some point there really is no longer a need to save a copy of the installation file.  As long as your subscription is active and you plan to keep Internet service if you should ever need to reinstall Quicken you can just download the latest version from Quicken.com:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• MoKel
    MoKel Member
    thank you! I feel pretty dub for not thinking of that..
This discussion has been closed.