Error CC 501 [Wells Fargo Advisors]

Ross
Ross Member ✭✭
I have been trying to set up downloads from Wells Fargo Advisors for the last 2 weeks I keep getting Error CC 501 with an explanation to not call Wells Fargo as it is a problem with the server and WF can't fix the problem. I had no difficulty setting up downloads with First Clearing.
What to do now?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ross

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Since this issue has been persisting for some time, it would be beneficial if you contacted Quicken Support. Also, I was able to recreate this issue on my end. An agent will be able to pull log files and escalate this issue as needed. 

To contact Quicken Support click here

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your Wells Fargo Advisor account(s) is an investment account then perhaps you have been trying to set up the account with the wrong connection method.  CC-XXX error codes usually indicate something is wrong with an Express Web Connect EWC) connection but investment accounts need to use Direct Connect (DC) instead.  So, if you are trying to set up an investment account with EWC, CC-501 is an appropriate error code.
    Setting up DC connections is not always intuitive because Quicken tends to default to EWC when multiple connection methods are available. You can make sure you get set up with DC when doing Add Account by clicking on Advanced Options during the set up process.  Then follow the prompts and when asked which connection method you want to use be sure to select Direct Connect.
    Let us know whether or not this is the cause of the issue and if these steps resolved it for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.