Can not get my Credit Report - Internet unavailable Failed to connect to the server

Options
TGee
TGee Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
When I try to access my credit report Quicken says "Internet unavailable Failed to connect to the server. This could happen if you are in an offline mode. Please try later."
This is not true. I can run One Step Update, surf the web, and receive email. What's the problem?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    • Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
    • Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way?
      Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

• TGee
    TGee Member ✭✭
    Options
    I get none of the screens shown in the link as I have Windows 8.1, not Windows 10. Win 8.1 has no ransomware or controlled folder access setting that I can find.
    I have added Quicken (qw.exe) to Defender's exclude list.
    There is no corporate firewall since I am using my personal computer at home. Quicken has no trouble accessing the internet for one step update or program update.
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you wanting a credit report or your credit score? Since you are running an older version of Windows, another option is the create an Experian account but opt for the free one and not the paid account with all of the bells and whistles. Experian will give you a credit score for free. creditkarma.com will also give you a two bureau credit score as will a number of credit cards - Citi Card - Discover - Chase Visa to name a few.

If you want an actual credit report you can obtain one free from annualcreditreport.com. You can only get one free credit report annually so request one from Experian and four months later request one from Transunion and four months later request one from Equifax.
This discussion has been closed.