Lost all my Online Bills after update to R36.17 this morning - also R36.23

Answers

• TomG1
    TomG1 Member ✭✭✭
    Over the past week, I've noticed that the online billers showed up in the "due date" list when the new bills became available. Otherwise I don't see them in that view. I'm hoping that, as they work to resolve the bugs in the Bill Manager, they will do something to flag or highlight the new bills as they post. The dot that appears on the "Bills&Income" tab after a one-step update doesn't really seem to mean that there is anything new.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the "dot" USED to mean an new bill is available. Now it means nothing since this update. Happens often with no change behind it.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    porutchik said:
    > @porutchik said:

Also, just noticed. Bills that were just added and missing in Upcoming do not have account numbers when Managing Online Billers"
    Hmm, that got me to check. All under Manage Online Billers have account #s and show linked to reminders. Whew.
  • coach316dc
    coach316dc Member ✭✭
    I might as well and jump on the bandwagon.

Since getting updated to R36.23, Online bills with "Awaiting next bill" have disappeared from the Due Date view. Online bills that have received an updated amount and due date are on the list. If I switch to Biller Name view, all bills are listed Online and Manual. All linked bills are still in tact.

This is very inconvenient as I have some Online bills that never update with a new due date and bill amount. I can refresh it every day for three months and it will remain "Awaiting next bill". I need these "Awaiting next bill" in the due date list so that I can manually enter the bill into my register.

The other thing that is frustrating, and this isn't related as this issue started months ago. But after an update the "Last Payment" column no longer shows any data. I used that a lot to help me remember which Online bill that I need to enter manually was last paid and when to enter it next.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    The other thing that is frustrating, and this isn't related as this issue started months ago. But after an update the "Last Payment" column no longer shows any data. I used that a lot to help me remember which Online bill that I need to enter manually was last paid and when to enter it next.
    THANK YOU for that. We are a small minority but I have the same issue and have been working with Tier 2 support for a fix. Its hard when it is only a few of us. And Validate and Supervalidate do nothing. I firmly believe it is NOT my database, but something in the update that appears to have bitten us both.

And thanks for a clear explanation of exactly what I see and the frustration it causes.

• Kenr43
    Kenr43 Member ✭✭
    Same issue. All online billers for 7,14,30,90 days are missing. When I go to settings, manage online billers they all show, so I'm confident they haven't been 'deleted'. Need to have them back in the online window so I can know what is going on with due/paid bills
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Updated to R36.23 update (build 27.1.36.23) on 10/21.  Same issue as everyone else on this problem - after the installation, when I opened Quicken, I noted that all 5 of my current Quick Pay billers (3 utilities and 2 credit cards) were no longer visible on the Quicken Bills & Income Tab (listed by Due Date) as they previously were.  When I select the Gear icon and select Manage Online Billers, they are listed.  When I select the Gear icon and select Review and Repair|Review and Repair Online Billers, the result is Validation Complete (no issues found).  Only when I list the bills by Biller Name do the Quick Pay billers appear.  Waiting with everyone else for Quicken to fix the issue so I/we can see the billers appear when they are listed by Due Date as was the case prior to these updates.  
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    I too am experiencing the same problem with online billers & reminders. I tried to restore several backup files and many other things that did not do anything other than to blow up my QDF file! This stuff should never happen because this issue is a real big problem for me. I have been using Quickens over 10 years and stuff like this happens too frequently and most times the fix is catastrophic with respect to loss of data or many hours of time to rebuild everything. I am waiting patiently for a fix.
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    > @Kenr43 said:
    > Same issue. All online billers for 7,14,30,90 days are missing. When I go to settings, manage online billers they all show, so I'm confident they haven't been 'deleted'. Need to have them back in the online window so I can know what is going on with due/paid bills

All online billers are still there! I deleted and recreated online billers with linked reminders and i could see online bills under their names, but I did not see them by due dates 7,14,30, 90 days. I am seeing the exact same problem as you are! Extremely frustrating!
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Same issues with Billers there yesterday, today they are gone. Also have Billers no longer linked to reminders. The reminders are there but no longer linked to billers that did NOT disappear. I can not trust the online bill pay. Ver R36.23 Build 27.1.36.23
  • DeeBee13
    DeeBee13 Member ✭✭
    I was able to get two of my online billers back on the list. For one that was removed from the biller list I just re-added it. For another on the list I just edited the password. As others have said I believe these billers appeared because they had upcoming payments pending. When I entered them into the register they both disappeared from the list.
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Out of 12 online bills, only 2 appeared on the date view, after removing and re-adding them. I can’t figure out why the others were still only there by name only?
  • dk90
    dk90 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I'm afraid that Quicken and I are going to part ways on their Bill Pay system. I will go back to paying them individually on each of my credit card sites. The system is "useless" if it can't be depended on to work full time. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I agree with you! In March 2020 I discovered after and update all my online bill reminders were showing up and posting to my account’s registers as income! It took a couple of months for a new patch to be created and released to fix these errors many people were having. I lost many years of data for various reasons and many hours of time with Quicken support and Quicken Community, but I decided to not overreact and wait for a solution from Quicken support. Now in October 2021 another problem with Quicken bill paying system after an update occurred... [Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful/Speculation]
  • aquazr1
    aquazr1 Member ✭✭
    So now I am experiencing the same thing after an update. The bill pay does not show the online payees unless I switch the biller view. Very difficult to use this system when things like this happen.
  • coach316dc
    coach316dc Member ✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > THANK YOU for that. We are a small minority but I have the same issue and have been working with Tier 2 support for a fix. Its hard when it is only a few of us. And Validate and Supervalidate do nothing. I firmly believe it is NOT my database, but something in the update that appears to have bitten us both.
    >
    > And thanks for a clear explanation of exactly what I see and the frustration it causes.

Out of curiosity, I set up a brand new Test data file with one bank account and added an online biller. I made a payment through the Bills & Income section, and the Last Payment column remained empty. I guarantee this isn't an issue with our data files.
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    @Bob;
    Thank you for being able to work with Tier 2 support - many of us don't have the time to engage in that lengthy process.  Perhaps your efforts will provide a timely fix!  [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]  Quicken, learn from your mistakes and don't let it happen again without further consequences.  
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for your patience while our teams were reviewing this behavior. 

It has been determined that this change was made intentionally and now online billers without an active due date/amount from the Bill Center will be excluded from view, when filtered to view billers by due date.

All Online Billers, regardless of the due date/amount status, still appear in the Bill Center when filtering by Biller Name, Stack View or the Calendar View.  All billers continue to remain visible in the Manage Bills & Income Reminders window (Tools > Manage Bills & Income Reminders).

We hope this information is helpful and apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced by this change in functionality.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • bac2public
    bac2public Member ✭✭
    Dear Quicken Sarah, Your "Accepted Answer" is un-acceptable for me. As others have posted, this is making bill paying a guessing game. Received an email from AT&T that they released November's bill. When I look in Quicken, AT&T is not listed. It is also not listed in "Tools/Manage Bills & Income Reminders". I can still pay AT&T in the Check Register with Quick-Pay pull down. Please restore all Online Billers back to the Bill Center so we can manage our own status.
  • David Weinshel
    David Weinshel Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I agree. I would be interested if any Quicken user prefers this new feature.
    I used to check my Bills dashboard every day in Due date mode. However else would one use it?
    I reviewed the release notes and I don't see this change touted as a feature.

[Removed-Disruptive/Specualtion] 

Thanks Quicken Sarah.
    20+ year Quicken user.
  • CashGrab
    CashGrab Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I want to be completely clear: This change is completely unacceptable. The Bills by Due Date mode is my most frequently used area in Quicken. [Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful]
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    You can count me in the decent. I as well believe that a technician changed (believing they fixed) an issue that didn't exist. I first reported this the day after you released the update (issue #8905243) and was told this was working the way it should or for that matter had in the past. At that time I explained to your support that as others performed the update and saw the way the new "DUE DATE" screen was functioning, you'd have others reporting this issue. [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]

• jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭✭
    I understand the logic to show only the bills coming due; however, users have come to rely on all online billers being showing. Since users have been using it with all online billers showing (I am one), I would suggest that an option/preference setting should be added. The option/preference would be to show all online bills and those coming due on top (the way it was). This is my opinion; and apparently, as I read the posts, it would solve some of the issues others are having as well.
  • dk90
    dk90 Member ✭✭
    I agree that this "wonderful" new feature is not a good thing. I would recommend, as a safety measure, that all users take advantage of the email/text notification feature that most companies offer telling you when you have a statement/bill. At least that way none will be missed and any late payments will be avoided. Only downside is you will see more emails/texts.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I am pleased this topic is still open. And I have to agree with all the users upset by this change. If it were closed, Sarah, how would you learn from your customers when they are unhappy with a major change? And perhaps even worse, an UNANNOUNCED change. Nowhere did it say we changed this because we felt, etc for these updates!! [Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful]

I am VERY fortunate to be able to reach Tier 2 and a developer due to my involvement with a few past issues. I cannot tell you anything will change, but I can tell you there are folks looking seriously into the issue and I have them reading this thread.

[Removed-Speculation]

Anyway, I am trying to remain calm and appreciative I know some in development have taken an interest in this issue.
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    I too am pleased this topic is still open/reopened, only if to emphasize to Quicken what happens when program changes are made and those changes are not communicated to the users.  It also appears that even some of the Tier 1 support folks were unaware of this "improvement" as they had users restoring backups, validating files, etc. as they tried to fix what was not really broken. In the future, it would certainly behoove Quicken to, at the least, include in the release notes for future updates ALL changes being made from the previous version, no matter how insignificant those changes may seem to be.  That would certainly eliminate the flood of support inquiries that were made on this issue when we users thought the problem was a corrupt data file or a not-thoroughly-tested version release with a flaw.  Bottom line - I'm in agreement with those posts above that this functionality needs to be restored.  
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    What a shame parts of my post were removed. I do not recall what I wrote, but I truly do not think i was disruptive or speculative.
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    This seems to repeatedly happening to a lot of us hummm…
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, concerns and feedback regarding the changes made to the Bill Center. 

Our teams have reviewed the comments shared here and after some internal discussion have decided to revert this change and restore the previous functionality in an upcoming product release. 

We are working towards completing the release, however, at this time we do not have an ETA for when it will be available and recommend bookmarking the Windows R36 Release Announcement thread, to be automatically notified as the new release becomes available.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • punk
    punk Member ✭✭
    I've been using Quicken well over 20 years and dealt with many ups and downs along the way. This change seems to be a solution looking for a problem. Having the online bills show up in the "due date" list means that I can see when I last paid a bill. Quick confirmation that I have already scheduled a payment and also a guide to know when it will need to be paid again. Yes, all the bills show up with the "biller name" sort, but in my case at least, that's a rather cumbersome way to look at it.
    I vote to undo this "improvement."
This discussion has been closed.