Help reconcile online bank accounts?

Was a BBVA account holder until PNC bought BBVA. I am able to link my accounts to PNC online, but I am not able to download the account balances to be able to reconcile the accounts to the online bank balance. Help?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Did you set up your PNC accounts for Direct Connect (via the PNC - Direct Connect link)?  If so, you should know that Direct Connect with PNC is not working correctly.  It is not downloading transactions and the online balance in the account register will show $0.00.  It does have some functionality...you can schedule bill payments and transfer funds between PNC accounts...but what good is that when you can't see a good register and account balance.  You can read more about it in this thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20208264#Comment_20208264.  There are a few other threads on this you can do a search for if you want to read them.
    What I have done is deactivated my PNC checking account, removed the Financial Institution Information in the upper right quadrant of the General tab of Account details and then set it up for Express Web Connect via the PNC - Virtual Wallet link.  I won't be able to do bank bill pay from within Quicken but at least I have all the transactions downloaded into my register and a good online balance so I can reconcile the account. 
    When PNC fixes the DC issue I'll switch back to DC.  Until then when I need to set up a bill payment I will do it from within my online PNC account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    You are very welcome.  I am glad I was able to be helpful.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Did you set up your PNC accounts for Direct Connect (via the PNC - Direct Connect link)?  If so, you should know that Direct Connect with PNC is not working correctly.  It is not downloading transactions and the online balance in the account register will show $0.00.  It does have some functionality...you can schedule bill payments and transfer funds between PNC accounts...but what good is that when you can't see a good register and account balance.  You can read more about it in this thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20208264#Comment_20208264.  There are a few other threads on this you can do a search for if you want to read them.
    What I have done is deactivated my PNC checking account, removed the Financial Institution Information in the upper right quadrant of the General tab of Account details and then set it up for Express Web Connect via the PNC - Virtual Wallet link.  I won't be able to do bank bill pay from within Quicken but at least I have all the transactions downloaded into my register and a good online balance so I can reconcile the account. 
    When PNC fixes the DC issue I'll switch back to DC.  Until then when I need to set up a bill payment I will do it from within my online PNC account.

• bilnog
    bilnog Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much for this info. Changing to Virtual Wallet link allowed me to download transactions and account balances. I also appreciate the link to the ongoing discussion. I have experienced almost all the same issues everyone has in trying to talk to someone at PNC. Again, thank you so much for your help with this!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    You are very welcome.  I am glad I was able to be helpful.