My bank changed its software. I went through the transfer process. Now I have double accounts.

Options
How can I merge the pairs?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like you might have missed the prompt during the account set up process to either Add new accounts or to Link them to existing accounts.
    There are a couple of ways to get this corrected.  Following is perhaps the simplest way.:
    1. Backup your data file before proceeding in case something goes wrong.
    2. In the new Account Register, delete the Opening Balance transaction.
    3. In the old Account Register, left click on the 1st transaction in in the register, scroll down to the last transaction and then Shift+left click on it.  All transactions in the register should now be shaded.
    4. Then right click anywhere on the shaded transactions, left click on Move Transaction(s), select the name of the new account in Quicken, click on OK.
    5. Quicken will now move all the transactions from the old account to the new account.  It will also update an transfer transactions being moved accordingly.
    6. This process might result in an overlap of some transactions so there are duplicates in the new Account Register.  Any duplicates will need to be manually deleted.
    7. Reminders:  Update any Reminders you have for your old account to change them to the new account.
    8. Repeat #2-#7 for each account you have with your bank.
    9. Once done and you are convinced that the move(s) completed properly and the new account(s) has the right balance, you can delete the old account(s).
    Let me know if this helped you or if you have any questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)