Add Account vs Set up Now

Options
I have observed that Add Account has always been the recommended method over Set up Now after a deactivation with instructions of do this, don't do that.  Perhaps because it provides more control over FI selection and connection methods.  Other reasons?  In what situation has Set up Now ever been the recommended method?
Perhaps it is better to just redirect Set up Now to the Add Account function instead with the proper Add/Relink instructions on the pop-up screens.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The main reason that Add Account is recommended over Set up Now is because with Set up Now it will use the current financial information in the General tab, whereas Add Account will prompt for it.

So if any information has changed Add Account is the better process.  You can achieve the same then by clearing out the financial institution/account information in the General tab before using Set up Now.  If nothing changed then I guess Set up Now is slightly better, but given the reasons that you deactivate and reactivate I think you are right that they should just do the Add Account process instead of the Set up Now process.

At one time Intuit  also indicated that Add Account "did more/different processing", but never went into the details of what that might be.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The main reason that Add Account is recommended over Set up Now is because with Set up Now it will use the current financial information in the General tab, whereas Add Account will prompt for it.

So if any information has changed Add Account is the better process.  You can achieve the same then by clearing out the financial institution/account information in the General tab before using Set up Now.  If nothing changed then I guess Set up Now is slightly better, but given the reasons that you deactivate and reactivate I think you are right that they should just do the Add Account process instead of the Set up Now process.

At one time Intuit  also indicated that Add Account "did more/different processing", but never went into the details of what that might be.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/