I messed up on download etrade transactions on if stock was a match

In the past I downloaded transactions and when accepting them it asked if IBRX was IBM and I hit continue on accident so now what I have is when those come in they go as IBM and I have a holding that doesn't balance in that it says I have -n of IBM and n of IBRX .. how can I go back and fix up the transactions so it's all IBRX and not IBM and where are the renaming rules for investment items (because it's not under the tools / renaming).
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dfatq,

You need to fix this problem by editing the erroneous entries (not the renaming rules because there are no renaming rules for investments). 

You should edit each transaction where you incorrectly entered "IBM" as the symbol, and change it to "IBRX".  Once you've fixed all of those entries, you may also want to delete "IBM" from your "Security List" just to prevent the problem from recurring.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to go back, restore a backup.

When an online security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the online security will become available to be matched to a Quicken security when Quicken next encounters the unmatched online security.

I suggest you uncheck Matched with online security for IBM and change the security for the IBM transactions that should be IBRX.

Note:  Quicken does not use renaming rules for securities.  Quicken uses the CUSIP ID provided by the financial institution to map the security imported to a Quicken security.
  • dfatq
    dfatq Member ✭✭
    okay, got the balances fixed, unticked matched for ibm, we'll see if I buy/sell ibrx again if it does anything.