Version R36.23 continually crashes

run4priz
run4priz Member ✭✭
Prior to updating to 36.23, no issues like this.
Crashes when one performing one-step update - makes it thru most accounts and crashes with Chase and US Bank.
Crashes when updating just those specific accounts from within each of those registers
Crashes when performing mobile sync
Completes update when updating other banks, credit cards, and investments separately.

Have tried uninstalling and running QcleanUI process along with the manual processes described there in. Then reinstalled.

No change...still crashes.

Please help.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
  • run4priz
    run4priz Member ✭✭
    Yes...should have also said...i've tried repairing file as well.
  • run4priz
    run4priz Member ✭✭
    crashes when performing repair function within quicken.
  • zamo132
    zamo132 Member ✭✭
    I was having the same issue. Individually updating Citibank, Chase, AMEX, etc. have been fine. Validated the file just fine. Then I realized the "Update portfolio on investing.quicken.com" was checked off on One Step Update Settings window. I never use that and have never enabled it. Once I unchecked it, OSU went through fine.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to installing the software update, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
  • zamo132
    zamo132 Member ✭✭
    > @zamo132 said:
    > I was having the same issue. Individually updating Citibank, Chase, AMEX, etc. have been fine. Validated the file just fine. Then I realized the "Update portfolio on investing.quicken.com" was checked off on One Step Update Settings window. I never use that and have never enabled it. Once I unchecked it, OSU went through fine.

I spoke too soon. It keeps crashing. This is very inconvenient. Please fix this. I don't know which account is causing this because I updated each account separately, and they all update fine.
  • Hello @zamo132 & @run4priz,

Thank you both for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

@Sherlock & @UKR, both provided excellent suggestions and resources! In fact, these are the same suggestions I would have made myself. 

Unfortunately, if you have already tried all of the steps outlined in the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance so our support agents can further investigate and file an escalation if needed. 

of course, this is not the expected behavior of the Quicken software, and I feel that your issues need a more in-depth look. Our customer service agents will be more than happy to look into this for you! I apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing and would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with this!

Quicken Alyssa

• run4priz
    run4priz Member ✭✭
    I was able to get mine fixed by making a copy of the file via quicken. This was not without pain or issue though. All of the online access gets blown away with option. When reactivating, past transactions are brought back in. Prior reconciled transactions were inexplicably changed.

Reconciling was a pain but it’s now fixed.

The “fix” was not quite a fix but rather a re-do…very disappointing. Been using this application for 30 years. It does a lot…just far from perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.