Quicken quietly stops downloading Capital One credit card transactions [Edited]

kevinp
kevinp Member ✭✭
I have a credit card with Capital One. The transactions have quietly stopped downloading without any error messages. The last transaction downloaded was on October 13, about 12 days ago. Since then, no transactions have been downloaded, even though I have made several transactions on the card since then.

This happens periodically every 3 - 4 months, and I always have to notice and pester Quicken to get the download working again. I had a very unsatisfactory customer support experience yesterday. The customer support person insisted that I must go through his checklist of backing up the data file, disconnecting and reconnecting the account, etc.

I refused to do these actions because it doesn't always work, and if it works, it results in an extra 30 minutes of work for me to clean up duplicated transactions. I am tired of doing this and refused to do this for the fifth time in two years.

QUICKEN: Please work with Capital One to FIX THIS PROBLEM FOR GOOD. Don't just bandaid it and waste your customers' valuable time. At the minimum, you need to show the customer an error message. I shouldn't have to notice this problem by myself after 12 days.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want fool proof downloads from Capital One credit cards, go to their website and manually download a .QFX file and import it.
    After the initial changeover, there will be NO duplicates and every transaction downloads without a hiccup.
    It is the only way I will work with Capital One.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kevinp
    kevinp Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > If you want fool proof downloads from Capital One credit cards, go to their website and manually download a .QFX file and import it.After the initial changeover...

@splasher, after doing this, do you have to keep downloading a .QFX file every time you want new transactions? Or does Quicken automatically download them as part of One Step Update thereafter?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to do it every time you want to update the account with a download.  It isn't quicker, but it is fool proof.  I have not had a bad download in years of doing it this way while Express Web Connect downloads are error/issue prone.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mdecks
    Mdecks Member ✭✭
    But Quicken should fix their problem. We pay for the service of having the account updated using One Step Update. They need to make it work.
This discussion has been closed.