Entering a transaction from the reminder screen no longer sets it up to Send?

Options
Did I miss a change in the process for entering Bill Pay transactions from the Bill & Income screen? A utility payment entered for 10/13/21 from the Bills & Income reminder screen was not entered in the register as "Send" and therefore failed to upload during one step update. Only after getting the overdue notice did I see the empty Check number in the register column.

I am running Build 27.1.36.23 under Win 10.

Needless to say, and $85 poorer due to penalty I am not a happy Quicken user at the moment.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    [edited]

If a Reminder is set up to use online payment, the button on the reminder should default to Pay and this will set up an online payment and enable the Send button.

If you select the dropdown next to the reminder button and pick Enter, the transaction is entered in your register but no online payment is initiated. Perhaps this is what happened in your case.

Reminders that are not set up to use online payment default to Enter on their buttons and there is no Pay option.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    [edited]

If a Reminder is set up to use online payment, the button on the reminder should default to Pay and this will set up an online payment and enable the Send button.

If you select the dropdown next to the reminder button and pick Enter, the transaction is entered in your register but no online payment is initiated. Perhaps this is what happened in your case.

Reminders that are not set up to use online payment default to Enter on their buttons and there is no Pay option.

QWin Premier subscription
  • jcryanjr
    jcryanjr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, that put me on the right track to figure out what happened. Bank of America forced a change of the ABA number used for my BillPay account a month ago. There were difficulties getting Quicken to accept the new ABA number and Quicken support had me delete the old BillPay and enter the replacement. That process apparently erased all the BillPay checkmarks in the Reminders as none of my BillPays have a checkmark now.