How to Record Dividend in USD account?

Options
I live in the UK. I have financial accounts both in the UK and the USA. Quicken very nicely updates my USD accounts automatically. I was able to change my "home" currency to USD to create my Rollover IRA stocks and shares account and to add the original purchases to it. Now I am trying to record dividends and some securities are missing from the drop down list. It is able to see them each day and update their price history, but I am unable to record a dividend. I tried changing my home currency back to USD but it still will not let me record the dividends. I have another "standard" investment account with Fidelity and it lets me record dividends on those securities. How can I record my USD dividends?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• kilvroch
    kilvroch Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I found my problem - somehow I had managed to add the securities with their currency set to GBP. I deleted all the transactions against them, then deleted the securities, switched my home currency to USD, re-added the securities, confirming that they showed as USD then re-entered all the transactions. Finally, I switched my home currency back to GBP and everything is once again A-OKAY

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you verify the type of the security is set appropriately to allow dividends.
  • kilvroch
    kilvroch Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I found my problem - somehow I had managed to add the securities with their currency set to GBP. I deleted all the transactions against them, then deleted the securities, switched my home currency to USD, re-added the securities, confirming that they showed as USD then re-entered all the transactions. Finally, I switched my home currency back to GBP and everything is once again A-OKAY