Do you use invoicing for your small business? We want your feedback! Learn More

Convert Employee Stock Options to acquiring company's stock

Seth Member ✭✭✭
Received stock option grant (in a private company) that was recently acquired (by a public company) and I have vested and unvested shares now. Once the shares get converted to the acquiring co's shares (need to establish a new qty based on price paid/share) what is the correct way to convert the recorded option grant in Quicken to show new qty/new ticker?

Is it best to start from scratch using the acquiring co as if that were always the way it would have looked and delete the original grant?


  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you reenter the unexercised grants for the new company.