Issue Updating or Downloading Transactions. - Capital One

Options
MikeHSar
MikeHSar Member
I get this message when trying to Download Transactions before reconciling an account:
"We couldn't get information about Capital One". I get in a loop trying to authorize the Account entering User Id & Password with "Sorry, we encountered an error. (It is not your fault) When trying to enter transactions downloaded from Capital One: "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later". This same type of issue has now appeared for other accounts. I updated and reinstalled the new version and still have the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• MikeHSar
    MikeHSar Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: UPDATED 10/26/21 Capital One CC-901/501 or Prompt to Re-Authorize Accounts
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI @MikeHSar

You indicated that "This same type of issue has now appeared for other accounts" - are those accounts also with Capital One, or are they with other financial institutions? 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MikeHSar
    MikeHSar Member
    Options
    The issue is with my Lowes card (Synchrony Bank) too. Sometimes I get an XML error:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    - <Errors xmlns="http://schema.intuit.com/platform/common/error/v1">
    - <error>
    <code>AuthenticationFailed</code>
    <type>INPUT</type>
    </error>
    </Errors>
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @MikeHSar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We do currently have an open alert for Synchrony. Refer to this Community thread for more information. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.