Delete legacy quicken folders from Library > Application Support (Q Mac)

Options
HAB3B
HAB3B Member ✭✭
I am running up.to.date Quicken v.6.4.4 on an iMac with macOS 11.6.1 (Big Sur). I noticed that I have accumulated multiple Quicken folders in my folder: [User] > Library > Application Support. In addition to "Quicken" (which has my current data), I have folders with names "Quicken 2007" "Quicken 2016" and "Quicken 2017" - I assume these are legacy files from the past. Can I simply drag these old folders into the trash in order to clear them out? Thanks for any advice.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, if you're sure you never need to use those older versions of software and their associated data files, you can delete those folders if you wish. Just make sure your actual live data file(s) and backup folder is not somehow in any of those folders (it would be highly unlikely).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, if you're sure you never need to use those older versions of software and their associated data files, you can delete those folders if you wish. Just make sure your actual live data file(s) and backup folder is not somehow in any of those folders (it would be highly unlikely).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • HAB3B
    HAB3B Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. Very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.