Nothing works?

pbc
pbc Member ✭✭
Wow, just purchased Quicken Deluxe to renew my membership and catch up on about 2 years of transactions.

Have there been zero improvements into the Quicken Interface since 2017? It looks the exact same.

I am using an existing database, and having all kinds of issues:

1. I can't delete accounts. When I try and type "yes", it does nothing. The accounts remain.

2. I can't upload transactions anymore. It tells me "Downloaded Data does not match the currency of your account". Odd, as it used to before. Found something that implied opening the downloaded file in Notepad and adjusting the <CURDEF>CAD setting to "CAN" would work. It didn't. I tried starting new accounts instead, but then run into the issue where I can't delete the old ones (see 1 above).

3. When I go into one step update for any of my accounts, it seems to connect, but does not download any transactions.

I am on R36.38, build 27.1.36.38.

Windows 10 Enterprise.

At this point I'm wondering if I should just start a brand new file and start from scratch despite all my historical stock information?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify - since you posted in the Canada section -
    are you in fact running the Canadian version ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pbc
    pbc Member ✭✭
    Adding to the issues. My investment information is also not updating properly. E.g., XRB which shows currently as a $26.16 price, on Quicken updates as a 0.1054 price?

Same thing with ZRE, VAB. The quotes show up as penny stocks when they are not.
  • pbc
    pbc Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > just to clarify - since you posted in the Canada section -
    > are you in fact running the Canadian version ?

I have no clue. I simply clicked on "renew membership" and it took me to another site to renew. Didn't show Canadian vs US, and if I was using the Canadian version before I'd assume it would have renewed as a canadian version?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pbc

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize for the frustration but the subscription you used to purchase is not for Quicken US version. If you intended on purchasing Quicken Canada  version I would recommend contacting Quicken Support. An agent will be able to assist by providing a refund and purchase of the correct version. Again we apologize for the inconvenience. 

To contact Quicken Support please visit the link below. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    pbc said:
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > just to clarify - since you posted in the Canada section -
    > are you in fact running the Canadian version ?

I have no clue.
    Are you located in Canada ?
    Did you previously use the Canada version of Quicken ?
    Do you now want to use the Canada version vs the US version ?
    The Canada version is.... R33.7..... the US version is R36.38

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pbc
    pbc Member ✭✭
    Can I just download it and log in to it vs having to call support?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    pbc said:
    Can I just download it and log in to it vs having to call support?
    You can use the link that @Ps56k2 to get at the web page for downloading the patch release to install or even skip that one page and here it is directly:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

But I believe the main reason for directing you to Quicken Support is because when you have multiple problems like this, it might be better to have someone that and interactively work with you.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    pbc said: Can I just download it and log in to it vs having to call support?
    You still have not answered my questions above - to clarify EXACTLY what version you want -
    steming from this posting being in the Canada section - but you downloaded the US version

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pbc
    pbc Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > You still have not answered my questions above - to clarify EXACTLY what version you want -
    > steming from this posting being in the Canada section - but you downloaded the US version

I am Canadian. Wanted the Canadian version. Used to use that.

When I went into the old Quicken software on my laptop, it said it expired and "click here to renew".

So I clicked on it, paid $60 or whatever it was, it then automatically downloaded the software, and I installed it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, see if you can uninstall the US version and install the Canadian one:
    Here is the link for that install:
    How do I download Quicken from Quicken.com to install or reinstall it?

If that fails to install because of the license being wrong then I think only Quicken Support can fix getting the correct license.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.