Matching list - cleanup?

This is really two questions, but both pertain to matching.

1) I wasn't really paying attention and accidentally matched a transaction to the wrong date (I have a recurring weekly transaction and "matched" say, the 10/8/21 downloaded one, to the 10/15/21 one). I then manually cleared the 10/8/21 one and manually uncleared the 10/15/21 one. But now every time I download, it keeps going to the earliest one which is 10/8/21. So is there a way to somehow "clean up" that?

2) In the matching box that pops up, there's like some REALLY old stuff in that list. Is there a way to remove those items (completely different dates/amounts, etc.)?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. Edit the date of the 10/8/21 transaction to be 10/15/21 and the date of the 10/15/21 transaction to be 10/8/21.
    2. The only way to remove the transactions from the unmatched list is to match the transactions or wait until they're too old for the list.
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > * Edit the date of the 10/8/21 transaction to be 10/15/21 and the date of the 10/15/21 transaction to be 10/8/21.
    > * The only way to remove the transactions from the unmatched list is to match the transactions or wait until they're too old for the list.

How long is the "too old" for? I've got stuff over a year old in that list.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    mjonis said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > * Edit the date of the 10/8/21 transaction to be 10/15/21 and the date of the 10/15/21 transaction to be 10/8/21.
    > * The only way to remove the transactions from the unmatched list is to match the transactions or wait until they're too old for the list.

How long is the "too old" for? I've got stuff over a year old in that list.
    In my experience, the Match Manually Transactions window only includes transactions entered in the past year that do not have Downloaded Posting Dates.  I suppose the date range of the transactions provided by the financial institution might also influence Quicken.  For example, if the financial institution offered three years of transactions, Quicken might present up to three years of unmatched transactions.
This discussion has been closed.