Tax schedule report not subtotaling by property (tag)

Options
2 years ago, when I did my taxes, the tax schedule report sorted my schedule E transactions by property (tag) and subtotaled them. That was very handy. Last year, for some reason only some of my transactions were included in the subtotals, so I had to manually adjust the numbers for the excluded transactions. This year, none of my transactions are subtotaled by property. I now have to export that data to compute subtotals. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I want the old functionality back.

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello @rkstauff,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your questions and concerns.

There are a few things that come to mind with the issue you described. First off, here is a Knowledge Base article on how to customize reports to show what you are wanting to see. Secondly, make sure that you are running a new report. Sometimes saved reports can cause issues like this. Next, I feel like I should just mention, the tags need to be applied to the transactions in the register for them to show in the report. 

Also if the transactions are in accounts that have been marked as hidden, this can cause what you are seeing as well. (pictured below)

Let's start here. Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Quicken Alyssa
  • rkstauff
    rkstauff Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help. I looked at the knowledgebase article and it states that the tags tab "has to be turned on in your preferences and in use in order to view it". I couldn't find any preference setting, but I do see the "tags" tab so I guess it must be set up correctly. But there are no options to "subtotal" by tag.

I'm not running a saved report, I'm running the plain vanilla "Tax Schedule" report that I always use from the Tax Center. I have the tags applied on the transactions because they show up in the register and in the Tax Schedule report. Lastly, the accounts are not hidden; they are some of my main accounts that I use every month.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @rkstauff,

Thank you for the update. 

I did some digging and testing this out in my own Quicken software. I found a report that I believe does want you are wanting. It is the Tax Summary report.

I think the issue may have just been needing to run a different report. Do let us know if this helps!

Quicken Alyssa

• rkstauff
    rkstauff Member
    Options
    The tax summary report doesn't give me what I need. It does subtotal by tag, but that totals across categories and schedules. I need a report that's subtotaled by Tax Schedule, Tax Item, then Tag. That way it's easy to just transfer the subtotals to a tax form and line without having to manually compute the subtotal. The tax schedule report is the one that had worked for me in the past.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello again @rkstauff,

Unfortunately, the Tax Schedule report does not do what you are explaining you want/need it to do. I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. 

You can always create an idea post for this. Here is a Link that will take you there if you would like to do that. 

Quicken Alyssa

• rkstauff
    rkstauff Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll do that.
This discussion has been closed.