Mac Reports Issues

Robert Lynch
Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
Anyone else having an issue where your reports headers are not lining up with the category? I've tried multiple reports and seems there is some glitch. I even tried changing the font/size and no solution.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I can reproduce strange header issues.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    Curious if you're running macOS Big Sur Monterey? There have been one or two other reports of other report alignment issues which seem specific to Big Sur Monterey.  When I generate a similar Summary report by Category by Month, my columns line up. (I'm running Mojave on the machine I just tested on.) 

For those who are seeing these heading alignment issues, please take time to submit a Report a Problem report, complete with a screenshot of the problem. It won't get fixed if people don't report it and bring it to the attention of the development team. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    I am on the most recent, Monterey (Version 12.0.1).
  • jacobs
    I am on the most recent, Monterey (Version 12.0.1).
    Have you used Report a Problem to submit this as a bug report? That's the best way to get the developers aware of the problem and, hopefully, working on a fix (if they aren't already). 
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I am running Monterey as well. I didn't see the alignment issue the first time I checked, but when I revisited the question, I did see the issue.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    See the following thread for more details. It looks like a ticket has been opened by one of the moderators. 

• jacobs
    @Austin@ Yes, but the issue depicted here (column headings not aligning with the columns of text) is different than the one in that other thread (columns of text which are misaligned on different rows). I'm sure the issues are related, but it would help to have users who have noticed this problem to report it, with screenshots. Never assume they know what's wrong! ;)
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    That thread is the same issues. The alignment, and headers is occurring. Strange note, some category reports if you expand all, then individually collapse each category, the report sometimes aligns up. How do you submit a error report with screenshots and know that quicken gets it?
  • jacobs
    @Robert Lynch  After capturing screenshot(s) illustrating this issue, go to Help > Report a Problem. In this case, I'd uncheck the "Include screenshot" checkbox, and the checkboxes for all the log files. On the right side, click "Attach additional files"  and select one or more screenshots you've captured showing the problem. In the top box, type a clear description which includes that this has happened since you've been on Monterey, and which report and options you're showing in the screenshot. I often create a simple numbered or bullet list for the exact steps to reproduce the error.

Your goal in a Report a Problem report is to report the bug, of course, but to make it apparent to the person at Quicken who must screen many of these reports daily. They need to be able to understand and reproduce the error in order to turn it into a genuine bug in their database; if they can't reproduce it, my sense is that they toss it. So take the time to be clear in your text about exactly what to do to create the error.

Once you submit the report, the trial ends there. You will not receive any acknowledgement or follow-up (except in very rare cases where they want to reach out for additional information). You can be sure they got it, but there' no way to know whether they verified it, and if they did, there's no way to know how high or low a priority it will be assigned for the development team. Some reported bugs are fixed in the very next release; others take months or even years to be fixed. I'd think this is something they'd fix pretty quickly. (But my guesses about what's fast/easy aren't always right, so who knows. ;) )
  • Robert Lynch
    Robert Lynch Member ✭✭
    I've submitted the report a problem already. Has anyone else submitted? Is there any way to bring this thread to a monitor to help with escalation?
This discussion has been closed.