How do I reactivate download from a Bank to an existing account?

My Bank changed it's communications approach. I have to deactivate the download function and then reactivate it. I brought up the edit function for the account from the account list and deactivated it in Online Services. When I went to reactive it using the Set Up Now function in Online Services it tries set up a new account. The instructions say the wizard will ask for my financial institution but all it askes for is a nick name. If I type the existing account it says it is already in use. If I type something else then it asks for a statement date and starting balance. I haven't gone beyond this point because it looks like it will set up a new account and screw things up. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    After you deactivate the Online Services for the account, I suggest you clear the financial institution's name on the General tab on the Account Details window, and select Tools > Add Account....  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide present of list of the accounts available at financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    After you deactivate the Online Services for the account, I suggest you clear the financial institution's name on the General tab on the Account Details window, and select Tools > Add Account....  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide present of list of the accounts available at financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.
  • It worked like a charm! Thanks very much for your help.
  • dapsr
    dapsr Member
    It works, after figuring out how to access Accounts Details window in Quicken, but after reloading accounts from Schwab, there are multitude of duplicate and missing transactions that have to be manually corrected in each account. About 20% of hundreds in my case. I suspect most users never thought they would have to have last year's paper statements to do this. This attempt to increase data security is a major black eye on someone at Schwab and counterpart at Quicken. Very unsatisfactory result.
This discussion has been closed.