Downgrading from Home and Business to Premier?

Hi folks.

No longer have a small business nor rental property. As far as I can see, those are the only differences between Premier and Home and Business. Yes?

If so, can I seamlessly downgrade to Premier? Anything I should know? How to do this? Just buy a Premier Update license?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do not pay for a Premier subscription unless your current subscription is about to expire. 
    Instead, contact Quicken Support (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support).  They will be able to downgrade you immediately and will issue you, as appropriate, a credit for the difference in subscription costs.  If you later decide that you should have kept Home & Business you can upgrade to it, again, at any time.
    The downgrade process should be pretty transparent to you.  There will be no data lost or converted.  The downgrade process simply turns some features off.
    If, however, you will need any 2021 business tax reports you might want to wait to downgrade until after you complete your 2021 tax return(s).  Once you downgrade some of that tax data might not be available any longer unless you upgrade, again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    If both installations are linked to a common Quicken ID, then they share the same subscription and if you make a subscription change then both installations will be be changed.
    If each installation has its own subscription (i.e., its own Quicken ID) then changing the subscription for one installation will not affect the other installation.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Do not pay for a Premier subscription unless your current subscription is about to expire. 
    Instead, contact Quicken Support (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support).  They will be able to downgrade you immediately and will issue you, as appropriate, a credit for the difference in subscription costs.  If you later decide that you should have kept Home & Business you can upgrade to it, again, at any time.
    The downgrade process should be pretty transparent to you.  There will be no data lost or converted.  The downgrade process simply turns some features off.
    If, however, you will need any 2021 business tax reports you might want to wait to downgrade until after you complete your 2021 tax return(s).  Once you downgrade some of that tax data might not be available any longer unless you upgrade, again.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Good information.

I have some time (June perhaps?) but always like to be prepared and know up front my options. I will not need the business reports for taxes this year.

I do have Quicken installed on 2 computers. Does that complicate at all?
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    If both installations are linked to a common Quicken ID, then they share the same subscription and if you make a subscription change then both installations will be be changed.
    If each installation has its own subscription (i.e., its own Quicken ID) then changing the subscription for one installation will not affect the other installation.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Both share. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.