Add new Fixed Index Annuity account

Options
I am trying to add a new Fixed Index Annuity account. The financial institution is not included in the database so I clicked on OFFLINE to enter the transactions manually. This is not a checking/savings account, not a bill with scheduled payments, not a debt/loan, not a brokerage, 529 plan, etc. Previously when I entered our other FIA's (over a year ago), they were shown under Property & Debt in Quicken. These are basically insurance plans which I thought were considered Assets or Property. Our home, land, and vehicles show up under Property & Debt. I haven't reconciled some of my accounts for longer than I like, so I checked for Updates. It said I have the most recent release, Quicken Release R 36.38. I do not like the way the ADD AN ACCOUNT comes up now. It was much more User Friendly previously. If I could please have some guidance on how to enter this account so it shows properly under Property & Debt, I would most certainly appreciate it. I am still working on the CapitalOne issue. UGH. I'll try to stay on top of things. Never again will I let things get behind. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suspect you previously used an Asset type account: opening the existing account and pressing Ctrl + Shift + E

To create an Asset type account, select Tools > Add Account..., Other Assets & Liabilities, and Assets

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suspect you previously used an Asset type account: opening the existing account and pressing Ctrl + Shift + E

To create an Asset type account, select Tools > Add Account..., Other Assets & Liabilities, and Assets
  • FrazzleRock
    FrazzleRock Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you very much Sherlock! That did it.
This discussion has been closed.