Online balance is "zero" (0.00) in Charles Schwab Bank account

2»

Comments

• Rob41
    Rob41 Member ✭✭✭
    Everyone note, Quicken support now has a support ticket open for this issue; bookmark the support ticket to get updates if they reach a solution for it.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902329/new-11-24-21-charles-schwab-checking-account-missing-online-balance
  • ElizabethV
    ElizabethV Member ✭✭
    Chat is lower tier support than phone so often clueless versus phone support that they also sent me to...going on two weeks of this nonsense
  • TallBrad
    TallBrad Member ✭✭
    Add me as another with this issue.
  • bhinkston
    bhinkston Member ✭✭
    > @TallBrad said:
    > Add me as another with this issue.

Me too...
    1. Zero Balance in Cash/Checking Account -and-
    2. No transactions downloaded -and-
    3. Created to new Cash/Checking Accounts when trying to reauthorize -and-
    4. Can delete/reset my (real) Cash/Checking Account ...

Waiting for some direction because it took my over 10 days to get One Step Update to work for my Schwab investment accounts and Citibank/Capital One accounts again after the 18th Nov.

-B
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Community.  I posted in this thread over a week ago sharing the same ($0.00 online balance) problem.  I found a solution that's working for me.  I deactivated and reactivated my checking and savings accounts.  However, this time I chose "Charles Schwab Bank -Investor C" as my financial institution.  I don't know why but it worked.  I have an online balance for both my checking and savings and they seem to be working.  Oh by the way, I maintained "Charles Schwab and Co., Inc."  for my four investment accounts and they're now working...they're a little clunky on the downloads but they seem to be working.  Finally, the two banking accounts connect via "Express Web Connect" while the four investment accounts utilize "Express Web Connect +" .  I don't know why but for the time being I'm choosing to be happy because I have a workable solution.
  • bhinkston
    bhinkston Member ✭✭
    > @ElizabethV said:
    > New update on 12/1/21 fixed issue!!!

I think I just saw it at: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20219559#Comment_20219559

I will try in a day/two... and cross my fingers! As of now, I can't deactivate my Schwab Cash/Checking account to try to reconnect/reauthorize ... my other Schwab accounts are working. So, I have multiple problems that I hope the Mondo 37.37 patch fixes...

Thanks!

-B
  • DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Issue was resolved for me on today's download. Balance is now being reported correctly and I can complete register reconciliation. Upgraded to R37.37 immediately prior to today's download, so not sure if that was a factor in resolution.
  • Andy Gerber
    Andy Gerber Member ✭✭
    Upgrade to R37.37 also fixed this for me. Note that it's now part of the "mongo" update here: https://bit.ly/3xM4ccm
  • rjchavez
    rjchavez Member ✭✭
    As the OP, I also can confirm that R37.37 corrected the on-line problem -- for now.
  • bhinkston
    bhinkston Member ✭✭
    Upgraded to Mondo 37.37, but I'm still not able to reconnect/reauthorize JUST MY SINGLE CASH/CHECKING account w/ Schwab... I can't remove the bank info... jeez. I know others have had this problem, but I finally got everything working...
  • rjchavez
    rjchavez Member ✭✭
    > @bhinkston said:
    > Upgraded to Mondo 37.37, but I'm still not able to reconnect/reauthorize JUST MY SINGLE CASH/CHECKING account w/ Schwab... I can't remove the bank info... jeez. I know others have had this problem, but I finally got everything working...

I had a similar issue and tried validate/super-validate to no avail. I had to create a new Quicken File and start fresh.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    >:) 37.37 just killed my working Charles Schwab accounts. 5 brokerage & 1 checking account. Thanks for the update!
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Joe9832
    Joe9832 Member ✭✭
    Mondo 37.37 worked very well for me. I now have the online balance for the Schwab Bank account and can reconcile to the online balance. The update summary is still showing that I have "new transactions" on the Schwab brokerage accounts when there are no new transactions. These "new transactions" are still there from the last downloads I made when converting the Schwab accounts to the Express Web Connect+. I would have thought the "new transactions" would disappear since there are none now. They don't make any difference in the data; they are just annoying still showing up on the summary.
  • Doc C
    Doc C Member ✭✭
    Thanks Quicken for the E-mail telling me your still working on Getting Schwab a company holding 7.5+ Trillion dollars to talk to your customers. Reading the comments why would I download the R37.37 Mondo patch, and risk damaging my Brokerage account or multiple Accounts, to get the current checking account balance. I've already spent over 2.5 hours on the phone trying to get Quicken to recognize my bank balance! I will say your Phone Tech support folks have been very patient with mine and I assume others frustration. I'll be on the Phone again Monday, FYI The way I understand it, the phone people can only communicate with their support ( Tier 2) by Chat and customers can't talk to the Tier 2 support at all.
  • bhinkston
    bhinkston Member ✭✭
    > @Doc C said:
    > Thanks Quicken for the E-mail telling me your still working on Getting Schwab a company holding 7.5+ Trillion dollars to talk to your customers. Reading the comments why would I download the R37.37 Mondo patch, and risk damaging my Brokerage account or multiple Accounts, to get the current checking account balance. I've already spent over 2.5 hours on the phone trying to get Quicken to recognize my bank balance! I will say your Phone Tech support folks have been very patient with mine and I assume others frustration. I'll be on the Phone again Monday, FYI The way I understand it, the phone people can only communicate with their support ( Tier 2) by Chat and customers can't talk to the Tier 2 support at all.

Agree with everyone you say except in Tier 2 support. Ask the Tier 1 support to setup an appointment with Tier 2 support. It may take 5 days or so, but I have one next week.

I told the tech that I have spend at least 14 hours (no exaggeration) on redoing all the steps over and over again to get SO CLOSE, but still not have something working ... right now its my Schwab Bank/Checking balance (still $0 and no transactions downloading). I've decided to leave things along for a while and let them talk me through it...

-B
  • Doc C
    Doc C Member ✭✭
    Actually, Checking account transactions are downloading, even though balance remains Zero.
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    @Doc C I'm seeing my Schwab online balances with the 37.37 mondo patch.  After reading all of the things that can go wrong with the patch, and after its suspension, then 36.45, then 37.25 and then coming back, and then being suspended again (!) - I decided to try it and reconcile November statements, figuring I can always restore a backup.   Well.. everything is working perfectly for me with 37.37, showing online balances - which match my register - and downloading accounts from two separate Schwab logins.

As they say...your mileage may vary.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• MontanaKarl
    edited December 2021
    @Doc C and all others:   caution with build 37.37:   all was fine this morning with multiple updates (just to check that OSU was working properly) UNTIL I did a File > Validate ... just for the heck of it to make sure there were no file errors.

Will start a new thread on this:   but the Validate objected to my having bank and brokerage accounts linked and it then unlinked all of my bank accounts - 3 accounts linked to two different Schwab users.  So, I'll have to add them back.  See:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903070/new-bug-in-37-37-validate-breaks-schwab-bank-online-connections/p1?new=1

Has to be a Quicken bug and not a Schwab bug since all worked for downloads but the Validate function breaks things.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    I am (was) having the same issue with my Schwab checking account. I deactivated it this morning and changed the financial institution to "Charles Schwab Bank -Investor C" as someone else suggested above in this thread and now my Schwab checking account has an online balance so I can reconcile again.
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    > @Doc C said:
    > Actually, Checking account transactions are downloading, even though balance remains Zero.

the Zero online balance issue for Schwab Checking looks to be fixed now for me! (ver 37.37)
  • bhinkston
    bhinkston Member ✭✭
    > @mikeweberatl said:
    > > @Doc C said:
    > > Actually, Checking account transactions are downloading, even though balance remains Zero.
    >
    > the Zero online balance issue for Schwab Checking looks to be fixed now for me! (ver 37.37)

I cannot deactivate my Schwab Cash/Checking account... so, can't get past the first step. All my other accounts at Schwab are downloading transactions OK now.

-B
  • I am trying to update my Schwab investment Accounts through one step update. The transactions are updated, but the online balances are not updated. I can update each account individually with update quotes only just not through one step update.

I have version R37.37 and have reauthorized all the accounts.
  • VicSan
    VicSan Member ✭✭
    As of today Dec 29th my Schwab bank account is still showing Zero (0) balance.
    Investment accounts reconciled fine. It's only the Bank account.
  • MontanaKarl
    VicSan said:
    As of today Dec 29th my Schwab bank account is still showing Zero (0) balance.
    Investment accounts reconciled fine. It's only the Bank account.
    The zero balance was a bug in Quicken vs anything with connected services.  It was fixed in version 36.something as well as 37.37.   What version are you running (Help > About)?   Have you tried the current Mondo Path which is release 37.62?  That release from yesterday resolved all remaining issues for me:

• kevincurtin9
    kevincurtin9 Member ✭✭
    Same issues for me with Schwab Bank - zero balance and missing transaction downloads. On the latest version which finally fixed my brokerage accounts as of now anyway
This discussion has been closed.