R37.25 vs R36.41

2»

Answers

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    retird said:
    Think it all boils down to the bottom line... money...

Yes, it does, and you will notice that the moment one mentions that the financial institution might want charge the customer for the service 95% say that there is no way they will pay for it.  BTW it isn't just the expense paid to Intuit, maintaining a separate OFX server (even if it is on existing hardware) isn't free to the financial institution either.  When you consider that Quicken users are probably var less than 1% of a financial institution's customers, you can pretty much figure they aren't going to want to have expenses that most of the customers can't use.  In fact, I think the only reason aggregators are tolerated at all is because that in fact helps their business because they can use the same services to consolidate views of the customer's other financial institution accounts on their website.
    Days ago I asked Schwab why they were changing. Their reply was short and sweet.  "To get away from OFX",,,,,,, whatever that means from Schwab's perspective? And I used Quicken all these years to be able to monitor and reconcile all of my financial institutions at a glance with just one software package. That is Quicken's strong suit and is what has value to me. Absent that Quicken has no future value to me. Looks like that's gonna change in a week if I continue to not get updates from Schwab. Have a great Thanksgiving. ..... 

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• William
    William Member ✭✭✭
    I see there is now a Mondo 37.37.  Based on the above conversations, I gather it is best to ignore it until Quicken pushes a stable update.  Right?
This discussion has been closed.