How do I open a .qfx file in Windows 11?

I just updated from Windows 10 to 11 and now it won't open a .qfx file from my financial institution. It says "The Quicken application that can open .qfx files cannot be found." I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken but it still gives the same message.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw this, I was going to suggest reinstalling since it is the install that sets up the default application settings, but I see you have already done that.  You might be able to find out how to set the default application for. QFX in Windows 11 and try that, but you can always use: File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File ...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris Kinard
    Chris Kinard Member ✭✭
    Of course, I absolutely should have thought of that! Worked fine (not as convenient as being able to just double click the download, but successful). Being an over 30 year user of Quicken I am mortified I didn't think of that. Guess trying to resolve computer issues late at night isn't a good idea. I really appreciate your fast and useful help.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about the usual....  
    Right Click --> Open With --> Choose another App --> [x] Always use this to open QFX files

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.