Capital One - CC-501
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: CC-501 error with First Financial Bank- Texas [Edited].
Having the same issue when downloading Cap One account transactions for three weeks now. gets stuck in the CC-501 loop, enter login information and repeats back to the screen I need to re-authorize my accounts with CapOne. So I say yes and asks again for credentials and repeats and repeats and......
Ironically it is not happening with everyone. Two family members have no trouble downloading their account transactions using the same software version and platform. Hopeful a fix comes quickly.1
Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.
I have been trying to set up Cap One for over a month. I keep getting multiple emails from Capital One every time I attempt to set up account and get CC 501 error telling me that I have connected thru Quicken. I hate Quicken!!! but have no where else to go since I have gotten so used to using for 25+ years. It is obviously not a Cap One issue since request are getting thru to them.2
I too am stuck trying to get my Capital One Visa credit card account to authorize and download.0
I too am having this issue and have been having it for roughly a month. It is a HUGE pain. I have followed all the steps, reauthorized, deactivated etc etc over and over. I have even repaired my quicken file. Posting here in the hopes that if enough people post it will get fixed.1
So, I believe it has to do with whatever "service" Quicken is using, as I've found the following.
I have 2 separate Charles Schwab investment accounts that I "believe" use the same service as Capital One. I believe whatever is the problem is within Quicken's database as I'll point out later. Also, I think there's a problem if you have more than one account using this new service, as one will screw up the other.
When I tried activating one of my Schwab accounts, it also got into this stupid 501 error.
What I did to get it working was as follows:
NOTE: THIS WILL CAUSE QUICKEN (AT LEAST MINE) TO CRASH AND NOT WANT TO RESTART!!
READ THROUGH THE STEPS FIRST BEFORE BLINDLY FOLLOWING.
1. Run Quicken and make a backup of your current file.
2. Make note of where your current Quicken data file is and what it's named.
3. Deactivated both my Schwab accounts.
4. Shut down Quicken to make sure it starts ok.
5. Start up Quicken.
6. Go into Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts->Sign inas a different Users and enter "yes" which will log you out of your Quicken account within Quicken. This is where my version crashes and burns, as it wants to display a login page but for whatever reason Quicken crashes and will not start again. Something gets changed in the data file that causes Quicken to crash on startup.
7. So, at this point, find your Quicken data file and rename it something like QDATA_hold.QDF.
8. Start Quicken, which should now start up ok and ask you to restore a backup or create a new file.
9. Select Create a new file and name it something bogus, like crap and click Next.
10. At the Add Account just click Next as the next step you can Cancel.
11. Cancel out of adding accounts.
12. Now you should see Quicken running with a new file, BUT, somewhere it sets that you're logged into Quicken again.
13. Go back into the directory and rename your old data file back to it's original name (drop the _hold from step #7 above).
14. Back in Quicken, select File->Open Quicken File and select your old file.
15. Let Quicken go through its gyrations and it should reopen your old file and Quicken should be able to start again.
16. Logging out of Quicken does something to your account in their DB because now you should be able to go into your Schwab or Capital One account and set up download.
NOTE: DON"T USE THE ADD ACCOUNT + BUTTON. THAT PROCEDURE, AT LEAST FOR ME, CREATES A NEW ACCOUNT THAT'S NOT LINKED TO YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT, IF YOU HAVE ONE. USE THE ACTIVATE DOWNLOAD IN THE ACCOUNT AS THAT BYPASSES THE "LINKING" PART THAT IS ALSO BROKEN.
I think Quicken still has bugs they need to fix in their DBs as well as in the Quicken application and also with this 3rd party system they're all using for authentication/download/etc.
Hope this helps someone/anyone until Quicken gets their act together and fixes all this.2
I had little hope at this point, but after MONTHS, this actually worked! Thank you so much for taking the time to input these steps!1
JIJS64 Member ✭Yesterday I opened a ticket with Quicken via Chat because I was still not able to download Cap1 credit card transactions. Ticket # 90208215
They had me deactivate the online services and then add a new account and link it to an existing account. However, when I did this, the balance owed on my Credit Cards changed dramatidally. So I restored from the back up and tried to do it by deactiviating the account and then reactivating the account and then trying the download. Got the same old error cc501----unable to connect.
This was opened with the community on 11/16. Why pay for a service (renewing in December) when I haven't been able to download to Quicken since October.
Judi [REMOVED PERSONAL DETAILS]1
Having same problem. Quicken - this appears to have been going on for months. When are you going to fix it?1
After contacting support, it was a firewall issue. Temporarily disabling Norton "smart" firewall solved the issue.-1
knarf Member ✭I'm having the same issue again. [Removed - Inaccurate/Speculation/Solicitation]0
This discussion has been closed.