Quicken Install Problems

Options
I am trying to install Quicken on Windows 2012 R2, and it goes through install and hangs right towards end when "Downloading and installing latest updates"
I have uninstalled and installed 3 times with same effect.
I have used the MSIClean32 with no success either
I have also tried to run in Compatibility mode with no success either,

What do I have to do to get this installed besides transferring to Quickbooks

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is "Windows 2012 R2"?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming that the customer is asking about Quicken for Windows, year 2012, release R2 ...
    The old version's update and registration servers have long since been retired.
    Install Q 2012 from the CD (or downloaded installation file) while the computer is totally disconnected from the Internet. No Ethernet cable plugged in, no WiFi active.
    After the installation completes do not start Quicken. Reconnect the computer to the Internet and download the Release R7 Mondo file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2012-patches.html
    This will get you all the bug fixes available for year 2012.
    You should now be able to run Q 2012 on your new computer.

If you get stuck on a Registration window, you can try the following to bypass registration:

• Start or restart Quicken.
    • Do not start a One Step Update or any other download activity.
    • Press and hold and keep holding both the left CTRL and Shift keys while you click Tools and then One Step Update. 
    • When the message “You will no longer be prompted for registration” appears, click OK.
    If you have problems running the 2012 version on your new computer, a free update to Quicken 2013 Deluxe can be downloaded from https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe
    This is known to run on Windows 10, but please don't ask me about Windows 11 ... I don't know.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Disable your network connection before you do the install.  Afterwards, download / save / install the R7 mondo patch for QW2012 found here: Quicken Patches .

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.