I need to access both Deluxe and Business & Rental Quicken

Options
I use Deluxe & a client uses HB&R on her laptop. I'm trying to get her 2021 data up to speed so I'm working on her laptop, but she will be needing it back soon. Is there anyway to run both products on 1 laptop? Can I do it if I have 2 different Quicken ids? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is only one Quicken software.  The different versions (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, HB&R) all are the same software.  The subscription version you paid for simply determines which features are turned on or off. As such you can use a single installation of HB&R to run both your current Deluxe and HB&R data files.  Only 1 Quicken ID is needed to be able to do this. 
    Another thing is that you can upgrade your subscription from Deluxe to HB&R at any time.  There is no new installation file that needs to be downloaded and installed but you might need to sign out of Quicken and then sign in again (using your current Quicken ID).  And if later you determine for some reason that you no longer need HB&R you can downgrade back to Deluxe.  Note there are some upgrade/downgrade restrictions.  You can read more about it at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription.  If you have more questions about this you can talk with Quicken Support and they can even help you change your subscription for you if you don't want to do it yourself in your online account.
    What's nice about upgrading and downgrading is that you do not need to create new data files for it.  The same data files are backward and forward compatible and can continue to be used without needing to do anything.  If you upgrade you will see new features.  If you downgrade you will see some features removed...but the data for those removed features will remain intact (but hidden) in the data file.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is only one Quicken software.  The different versions (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, HB&R) all are the same software.  The subscription version you paid for simply determines which features are turned on or off. As such you can use a single installation of HB&R to run both your current Deluxe and HB&R data files.  Only 1 Quicken ID is needed to be able to do this. 
    Another thing is that you can upgrade your subscription from Deluxe to HB&R at any time.  There is no new installation file that needs to be downloaded and installed but you might need to sign out of Quicken and then sign in again (using your current Quicken ID).  And if later you determine for some reason that you no longer need HB&R you can downgrade back to Deluxe.  Note there are some upgrade/downgrade restrictions.  You can read more about it at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription.  If you have more questions about this you can talk with Quicken Support and they can even help you change your subscription for you if you don't want to do it yourself in your online account.
    What's nice about upgrading and downgrading is that you do not need to create new data files for it.  The same data files are backward and forward compatible and can continue to be used without needing to do anything.  If you upgrade you will see new features.  If you downgrade you will see some features removed...but the data for those removed features will remain intact (but hidden) in the data file.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Nancy R Cservak
    Options
    Boatnmaniac thank you very much for you reply, it was VERY helpful!
This discussion has been closed.