quicken defaults with new memorized payee

rich x
rich x Member ✭✭
quicken decides what I want incorrectly and i need to correct every single memorized payee. I right click a transaction that has been entered or downloaded and choose memorize payee. quicken ALWAYS checks the Lock and leave as well as show this payee columns when I enter a new memorized payee. EVERY TIME i edit the memorized payee and uncheck these 2 fields. It would be nice if it let me choose whether or not I want them checked.
It also chooses mark as cleared if it is entered after the transaction is cleared. This is ridiculous as mark as cleared is incorrect if it hasn't cleared and this assumption that it is cleared if it is entered is just wrong. It can be cleared sometimes, but not always. why does quicken want errors in someone's database due to an incorrect assumption as quicken's default process.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @rich x,

Thank you for choosing to come to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you find the default setting for your memorized payees inconvenient. 

Although I can see your point, this is the way the software is designed to work. We do have a place where you can post ideas for product enhancements like this. Here is a link that will take you there. Once the idea is created, don't forget to vote on it!

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.