Quicken is not checking my investment accounts against my brokerage account

Options
I recently had to try to recover my files and downloaded accounts from my bank and brokerage houses. One company (Ameriprise) only provided the cash equivalents in the accounts - no transactions or the numbers of shares in each account. When I update, I don't get a discrepancy report, as I used to, that shows the difference in shares between what is in Quicken and what is in the account with the brokerage. Does anybody know how to get the number of shares information updated?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For a 1-time check, click on the gear at the top right of the account and select Reconcile shares.

To have it check at the end of each download, go to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions and click on Settings next to Compare account portfolio after download. In the Compare Portfolio dialog, select the accounts you want.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Mel Strieb
    Mel Strieb Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help, but that didn't seem to solve the problem. I tried a download after I got notice from Ameriprise that my monthly statement was available. Quicken did not pick up any discrepancies between the number of shares of any of the securities that I own and the number in Quicken. Any other suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.