Truist downloaded balance includes pending transactions that don't download; advice?

My Suntrust account just migrated to Truist. I'm on Quicken Connect. I did nothing special to enter or change any settings, and the downloads still happen. But the downloaded balance is now the "available" balance, not the "collected" balance, so it reflects pending transactions that do NOT download. I can't balance my account in Quicken without counting the pending transactions, some of which I don't have visibility of without logging into the bank website to see them. It's minor things like debit card transactions that I don't bother entering in Quicken until they download. I can live with it but it's a pain in the neck. I saw several other posts in this forum from folks having trouble with Truist, so I don't want to risk changing any download settings and potentially making things worse. If anybody else has worked through this issue and has some advice, please let me know.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Truist is apparently providing the pending balance to Quicken, when it should be providing the balance which matches the posted transactions provided to Quicken. Truist needs to fix this; there's nothing Quicken can do if Truist is providing the wrong balance.  I suggest you (all Truist customers) contact their technical support about this problem. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cabeier
    cabeier Unconfirmed ✭✭
    This is an issue I've always dealt with as a former BB&T user (now Truist).  I typically run a reconciliation and just include the pending charges to reconcile, then update them to "cleared" until the matching transaction posts...
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @KC Smythe & @cabeier

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue, though I am sorry for any extra work or trouble this issue has caused you. As @jacobs mentioned, the Online balance is something that Truist provides us and, unfortunately, there is not a lot that we can do from our end to resolve that.

However, I do advise that our Truist users reach out to Truist to report this as an issue so that they can update their processes such that they send only the posted balances instead of the pending balance as I can certainly see how this could be a frustrating issue to deal with. If you do report this, please update us here in the Community with what you find out. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September 
This discussion has been closed.