Capital One - Need to reauthorize Bank Access

Options
Thom Ianniccari
Thom Ianniccari Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Investing (Windows)
All of a sudden Quicken is saying the bank access needs to re-authorized. I went through the steps half a dozen times and it says successful, but when I go to download transactions from Capital One i am told to reauthorize. What is the problem?

Best Answer

• TombRaider55
    TombRaider55 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well, the workaround doesn't work either ... the connection to the bank is going around in circles looking for my accounts and failing with a CC-501 error.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version of Quicken are you running? Go to Help > about Quicken and let us know what it says there.

Some of these issues have been addressed in a recent update.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Thom Ianniccari
    Thom Ianniccari Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Jim, I am fully updated and spent an hour on the phone with support last week and they said wait 48 hours and try again. No such luck. Based on the conversations I see here, [Removed -Speculation] I would think they are in touch with the bank's support team to figure it out.
  • smidp2
    smidp2 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same issue for quite a while now. I am also current with updates. As a workaround, I edit the account and "Reset Account" under the Online Services tab which requires/allows me to reauthorize my 2 credit card accounts and then it performs the download at the same time. But, is this being worked on by quicken? Even if it's a Capital One issue, Quicken should be working with them to resolve. This is why I signed up for the subscription. Thank you.
  • TombRaider55
    TombRaider55 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had the same problem for at least two weeks. I will try the workaround.
  • TombRaider55
    TombRaider55 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well, the workaround doesn't work either ... the connection to the bank is going around in circles looking for my accounts and failing with a CC-501 error.
  • Thom Ianniccari
    Options
    I have experienced everything commented above. It ended up messing with my xactions and my income statement reports for doing my taxes this year as well. I am thinking Quicken has gotten technically beyond their abilities. And I have been with them for over 30 years. Looking now for alternatives. Anyone else?