How to share View Access to a Quicken on the Web account

Options
user77777
user77777 Member
edited December 2021 in Using Quicken on the Web
I have 3 accounts in a QDF file. I am going to sync 1 of those accounts to Quicken on the Web. How can I allow a guest to be able to log into Quicken on the Web and view that account? In other words, how do I share (view only) a Quicken on the Web account with someone else? I do not want to give them my Quicken account password.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Short answer, you can't.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken ID --> Quicken QDF files available to access --> Quicken Cloud --> Quicken Web and Quicken Mobile App
    AND... there is no limiting R/W access - except on the desktop software ....
    hmmmm... wonder what happens with those QDF files for Cloud access - does it still have R/W password ?
    .. --> File --> Set Password to Modify Transactions

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    Quicken ID --> Quicken QDF files available to access --> Quicken Cloud --> Quicken Web and Quicken Mobile App
    AND... there is no limiting R/W access - except on the desktop software ....
    hmmmm... wonder what happens with those QDF files for Cloud access - does it still have R/W password ?
    .. --> File --> Set Password to Modify Transactions
    When you export to the Quicken cloud that data now plays by the rules of the Quicken web or mobile app whichever you're using.  And they have no features for blocking writing.

If you think about it very little other than the data itself is actually synced to the Quicken cloud.  I don't think there's even a setting that actually transfers.  Certainly nothing like the reports.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.