customizing the home page and hiding the dashboard

I am having to rebuild my file because of corruption. I am using win Priemer. I have been using it for 30 years. When I create a new file, I am unable to create my own customized home page, which I did on my prior file. I can't figure out how to hide the dashboard. Is this correct or am I missing something? Does quicken force me to use the dashboard, I don't find it that helpful. I like to open with my spending, credit and investment accounts on the home page....

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Look at the top right corner of the Home tab view.  There should be a gear icon there.  Click on it and at the bottom of the drop down it will say "Dashboard" with a slide bar to the right of it.  Slide the bar to the left and the dashboard view should go away.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Look at the top right corner of the Home tab view.  There should be a gear icon there.  Click on it and at the bottom of the drop down it will say "Dashboard" with a slide bar to the right of it.  Slide the bar to the left and the dashboard view should go away.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    on the Home Page - in far right upper corner - the GEAR -
    can Customize or ADD a view - and also turn off the Dashboard
    Also - ... Edit --> Preferences --> Startup Location --> pick one

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    ok thanks that worked. I was screwing around on the dashboard not the home page. I appreciate the quick response....saves a lot of aggravation 
This discussion has been closed.