R36.48 - Transactions missing

In one account the register shows 116 transactions, a report for the same account shows only 216 transactions. How can I get to see them all in the register?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of account is it? 
    If it is an investment account you should check to see if your preferences are set up to show hidden transactions:  Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions > check the box for Show hidden Transactions.
    Let me know if this resolved the issue or not.  If not, advise what type of account it is.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thank you for your help. Good idea, but it is a Banking account. The report shows 216 transactions. The register shows 116. Could it be something to do with the fact that there was a lapse of a few months between when my subscription expired and when I renewed?
    Then I have a further question - I use Wells Fargo Bank. A few months ago, they changed the login so that I can see business accounts and personal accounts from the same login. Now I have to go into Wells Fargo and create a QFX file in order to download transactions. Is Quicken confused to find that my Wells Fargo login has access to 5 accounts?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The report shows 216 transactions. The register shows 116.
    Could it be that your register view is filtered to only show a subset of transactions? For example, the register is set to show only transactions dated "This year". Reset the Filters on top of the register view.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Thank you for your help. Good idea, but it is a Banking account. The report shows 216 transactions. The register shows 116. Could it be something to do with the fact that there was a lapse of a few months between when my subscription expired and when I renewed?
    No.  If your register is missing transactions because they were not downloaded then it wouldn't know how many transactions are missing.
    Then I have a further question - I use Wells Fargo Bank. A few months ago, they changed the login so that I can see business accounts and personal accounts from the same login. Now I have to go into Wells Fargo and create a QFX file in order to download transactions. Is Quicken confused to find that my Wells Fargo login has access to 5 accounts?
    Quicken should not be confused.  The data that is downloaded is done by account so it will have one account's transactions under one account number, then it will have all of the transactions for another account under that account number and so on.
    But I am wondering why you need to create a QFX file in order to download transactions.  Can you not set up your accounts for downloading by Direct Connect and download all the accounts via that connection?  WF no longer charges for Direct Connect so I would think this would be possible.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.