MFS Investment account corruption - register shows only one security, holdings have several

akburgs
akburgs Member
edited January 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I'm trying to add transactions to a long held (since 1998) investment account (MFS Investment Management). The register for the account shows only one security, but the 'Holdings' show three securities (which is accurate). I am both unable to add any transactions via the 'Buy - Shares Bought' dialogue box- it displays a popup that says ‘Please select an existing account to proceed’ (its populated with the existing Account Name), AND I cannot adjust the Security Name (its only displays the one security value from the register). Given this is a historical 403b account with lots of payroll inputs, I need to retain this history. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    akburgs said:
    I'm trying to add transactions to a long held (since 1998) investment account (MFS Investment Management). The register for the account shows only one security, but the 'Holdings' show three securities (which is accurate). I am both unable to add any transactions via the 'Buy - Shares Bought' dialogue box- it displays a popup that says ‘Please select an existing account to proceed’ (its populated with the existing Account Name), AND I cannot adjust the Security Name (its only displays the one security value from the register). Given this is a historical 403b account with lots of payroll inputs, I need to retain this history. Any suggestions?
    Hello akburgs,

I understand that issues with investment tracking can be especially frustrating. Just to be clear, do you see any of the securities in the 'Tools' menu when you choose the 'Security List'?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • akburgs
    akburgs Member
    I see all three securities in the 'Security List.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the account has somehow been converted to a "Single Mutual Fund" account, which would only allow you to enter transactions for one security.

Click on the gear at the top right of the account's transaction list, then pick Edit Account details. If there are radio buttons for Single mutual fund with Yes selected, change it to No.

If the SMF radio buttons are not shown, go to the Transaction list and click on Holdings. If you scroll down to the Account Attributes section, there should be a Single Mutual Fund line. If it says Yes, you can click on it and change it to No.

Back up your data before making tis change, just in case ...
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.