Can you transfer Quicken from Mac to Windows or is it incompatible?

MAJPS
MAJPS Member
Trying to transfer from my desktop (Mac) to my laptop (windows) is that possible or do I need to buy a new subscription?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did you buy QMac?  Because recent (since "Subscription") purchases include both QMac & QWin.  So you wouldn't need another purchase.
    HOWEVER, the data files are NOT compatible.
    Use the search bar at the top of the home page of this forum to look for "Conversion" to see MANY earlier discussions on this topic.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And see this FAQ under WIndows Conversion - Convert from Quicken for Mac to Quicken Windows
    https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you have only banking accounts -- checking, cash, credit cards -- conversion is possible; if you have investment accounts, they cannot be converted. And reports, budgets and attachments don't transfer. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MAJPS as suggested above, you can go from Mac to Windows without repurchasing Quicken however there are conversion steps. Please see this FAQ thanks! https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MAJPS  According to your profile, you're running Mac 2017.  Is that accurate?  IF so, you would need to purchase QWin ... because your QMac 2017 purchase doesn't include QWin in the disk/download.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.