Why doesn't Quicken download current quotes/values for Schwab fixed income holdings?

ajoelk
ajoelk Member ✭✭
I have a Schwab account with only fixed income holdings. Quicken will no longer update the quotes/values of these bonds. Previously it would update each day like stock holdings. I have tried all the suggestions on this page numerous times to no resolution. Deactivating and reactivating, resetting, re-authorizing etc. etc. Nothing works to fix the problem. Am I the only one? Thank you

Answers

• BAKanyon74
    BAKanyon74 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem with my options held in Schwab. It would seem that they should update from the web, the same as any stock price updates (including those on the watch list and not associated with any particular account).

Has Quicken changed the option symbols so they no longer download? Does Quicken think people should only own stocks, as that seems to be all they support?

This has been going on for months, does Quicken even want our business?
  • BAKanyon74
    BAKanyon74 Member ✭✭
    I've sorted the download problem with my manually input options trades.

Basically, you need to find and enter the option/security symbol correctly.

Hopefully this helps:

For example, a Walt Disney call option dated Jan 20, 2023 for $225 would look like this:

DIS 230120C00225000

Quicken still tells me this security can't be found but it is downloading/updating quotes (current and historical) using this format for the security symbol.

However, it's still not downloading my trades from Schwab.
  • ajoelk said:
    I have a Schwab account with only fixed income holdings. Quicken will no longer update the quotes/values of these bonds. Previously it would update each day like stock holdings. I have tried all the suggestions on this page numerous times to no resolution. Deactivating and reactivating, resetting, re-authorizing etc. etc. Nothing works to fix the problem. Am I the only one? Thank you
    Hello ajoelk,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing these issues. I was wondering, do you receive any error messages when you try to update the account manually? 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.