I can't get Quicken to navigate our TD credit card account using the online easyweb protocols.

DBF
DBF Member
We don't have a bank account and don't use on line banking access protocols. As well there seems to be a file conflict for downloads between the banks' QFX and Quicken's QXF. I use a PC laptop/computer.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DBF .  Please provide some additional information:
    • You are trying to manually download your TD Bank credit card data and transactions in QFX file format.  Is this correct?
    • What is Easyweb?  When you access your account via Easyweb is it the identical account website as you see after you login to it via the TD Bank website?
    • Have you tried logging into your online credit card account via the TD Bank login portal and then downloading the QFX file?
    • You said there seems to be a conflicts when downloading and importing the QFX file.  What makes you think that?  Please provide more details about the issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• DBF
    DBF Member
    So here is the one main issue- with my TD credit card account that I access online is through TD's EasyWeb selection. So in Quicken I go to tools and select add account-- type in TD to select finacial institution and the options to add from the TD bank are listed- so I select the new TD online option. However, this access protocol requires an TD Online access which is different from the TD EasyWeb and so Quicken can't access it. The Quicken -Tool-add account option -worked when I added my RBC accounts, but doesn't work for TD EasyWeb access.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2021
    Are you using Quicken for US or Quicken for Canada?  I use Quicken for US and my comments are specific to that but sometimes they can apply to Quicken for Canada as well.
    Anyway, here is what the TD Bank website says about connecting Quicken to TD:

It correlates with what you said...that set up with Quicken requires use of the Online Banking login information.  It makes no reference at all to being able to set up with EasyWeb.
    The Financial Institution provides their protocol requirements to Intuit/Quicken for how they will allow Quicken to connect and download from them.  If you want the connection protocol requirement to be changed to allow for EasyWeb then you will likely need to request TD Bank to make that change.  It is not something that Quicken can change without their approval and authorization.  Until and unless TD Bank changes their Quicken connection protocol requirements you need to use Online Banking access, not EasyWeb.
    Since you have only a credit card with TD, have you tried setting up your connection with the TD Bank Credit Card or TD Bank US Credit Card setup links instead of TD Bank Online Banking - New?  It is a long shot but maybe they will permit set up via EasyWeb.
    Otherwise, if you do not want to use Online Banking login information, then I think your only two options will be to manually download your credit card account data and transactions from your online TB Bank account or manually enter it into Quicken.

• DBF
    DBF Member
    Thanks, none of the other Quicken access selections work. I will have to change from TD easyweb to TD Online Banking access by opening a TD bank account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2021
    DBF said:
    Thanks, none of the other Quicken access selections work. I will have to change from TD easyweb to TD Online Banking access by opening a TD bank account.
    Your credit card does not qualify as an Online Banking account?  Most banks consider a credit card account to be a bank account so no new bank account needs to be opened.
    I have Capital One, Chase and Citi credit cards but do not have any other bank accounts with them.  I was able to easily set up my online account access using just the credit card numbers.  I did not need to open any other bank accounts before I could set up my online access.  Does not TD do the same?

• DBF
    DBF Member
    Interesting.... Quicken does not appear to be able to negotiate TD easyweb... I will have to convert the access to TD's Online banking access protocols and hope that Quicken can negotiate that one.
This discussion has been closed.