Why is an Income payee show itself as a Bill?

Options
My paycheck arrives on the 1st and 15th and is broken down into several parts to include:
Gross pay
Fed withholding
Withheld for 401K (displays as a transfer To the appropriate account)
etc etc

The amounts change all of the time.

So the Payee is in the Income section HOWEVER when I look at the Transaction Details for all instances the Type=Bill (not Income). Further, the prompt on the right side of the window is "Transfer" not "Deposit".

Why is this? I don't understand how my paycheck is being considered a bill????

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is a bug in the current version of Quicken Mac where it displays both bills and income as Bills. It's a cosmetic thing on that screen, unless you need to modify the transaction. In that case, set the Type to Income before making your edit. Although it will fall back to being labeled a bill, your edited transaction will be correct. (If you edit it while it shows Bill, all the split amount signs in your split will get reversed.) Hopefully they'll fix this in the next release. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is a bug in the current version of Quicken Mac where it displays both bills and income as Bills. It's a cosmetic thing on that screen, unless you need to modify the transaction. In that case, set the Type to Income before making your edit. Although it will fall back to being labeled a bill, your edited transaction will be correct. (If you edit it while it shows Bill, all the split amount signs in your split will get reversed.) Hopefully they'll fix this in the next release. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.