PNC Bank - OL-294-A Error

Second day in a row that I can't connect with PNC Bank. Same OL-294-A Error. All other online account connections working fine. Have not had this problem with PNC ever. I can login directly to my accounts via direct internet (Chrome) web connection without problem. I've tried to update just the PNC accounts rather than One-Step-Update. No luck. Any suggestions? Anyone else having the issue with PNC?

Best Answer

  • drcmp56
    drcmp56 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, the PNC Quicken connect is having problems. I called PNC yesterday and they said a ticket was put in for the repair. I tried again this morning to download; no success.
«1

Answers

  • drcmp56
    drcmp56 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, the PNC Quicken connect is having problems. I called PNC yesterday and they said a ticket was put in for the repair. I tried again this morning to download; no success.
  • oldssd
    oldssd Member ✭✭
    I AM NOW GETTING DIRECT CONNECT ERRORS WITH PNC AND CITIZENS OL-293-A. Same OL-294-A Error yesterday.
  • BillM0109
    BillM0109 Member ✭✭
    Same here with PNC. Yesterday and today. OL-294-A error.
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    Been getting OL-293-A from PNC for two days - "...unexpected information was received from your financial institution"
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    Same here since yesterday (Sunday, 12/19/2021).  Following this post to get an update.  Thank you all that called PNC's support. 
  • gfvalvo
    gfvalvo Member ✭✭
    > @drcmp56 said:
    > Yes, the PNC Quicken connect is having problems. I called PNC yesterday and they said a ticket was put in for the repair. I tried again this morning to download; no success.

    Please post the phone number you called. A few more complaints might "encourage" them to resolve this quickly.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting OL-294 error code from PNC with OSU, as well.  When I then try Update Now the error code changes to OL-293.  Both codes indicate a server issue confirming what PNC has stated.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R37.66 on Windows 10)
  • dss1
    dss1 Member
    You can add me to the list of people who cannot reach PNC via direct connect. Does anyone have a help line phone number to PNC. Quicken help says that PNC has to fix it, that there is nothing they can do on the Quicken end
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Cannot connect either to PNC through Quicken. Now it appears their website is also down. Plus, I just got a text message from Quicken: Quicken alert: You've set up an account with this phone number, pls click link to verify. The number listed isn't mine, but somehow it came to my cell phone number. Of course, I didn't click on the link.

    Something really strange is happening...
    - Jim S.
  • Mike J.
    Mike J. Member
    Having Same Problem
  • Same problem. Started yesterday. Tried workaround = exported transactions from PNC site > the download wanted to rename multiple transactions, and when I said No, it created redundant ones going back 2 months (had to delete the non-reconciled ones). I guess I'll contact PNC to help push the ticket up the priority list.
  • anon4321
    anon4321 Member
    Publicly embarrass them - tweet @PNCBank_Help
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto 12-19 and 12-20 ol-294-A error...
  • gfvalvo
    gfvalvo Member ✭✭
    > @anon4321 said:
    > Publicly embarrass them - tweet @PNCBank_Help
    I don't Tweet. Anyone know the Phone Number?
  • Hello all, 

    Thank you for coming to the community regarding this issue, I am sorry that you are experiencing this.

    Here is an active alert that we have out right now regarding the online banking issues occurring with a few banks including PNC.

    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904078/new-12-20-21-ol-errors-with-quicken-for-windows#latest

    Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to resolve this issue.
    Quicken Jasmine
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    jimshu1 said:
    Cannot connect either to PNC through Quicken. Now it appears their website is also down. Plus, I just got a text message from Quicken: Quicken alert: You've set up an account with this phone number, pls click link to verify. The number listed isn't mine, but somehow it came to my cell phone number. Of course, I didn't click on the link.

    Something really strange is happening...
    I have logged into my PNC account several times this morning...no website down issues for me.
    If that text message showed a 415 area code phone number then it probably was legitimate.  Quicken.com has been sending out text messages to people with Quicken.com accounts (your Quicken ID account) who have entered cell phone numbers into their profiles but who have not yet verified them.  You might want to read the following Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-being-asked-verify-my-email-or-phone-number.  The phone number listed is the number that the text came from, not the phone number that is linked to the Quicken.com account.  And the number might be different that what is shown in this article but it will come from area code 415.  A poorly worded text message for sure.  And, no, this text would not have anything to do with this PNC Bank connection issue.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R37.66 on Windows 10)
  • Had PNC Bank Help Twitter DM session going - they said a) "no reported issues at this time", b) "deactivate, and reactivate". In Quicken, if you click Deactivate, it warns that you should cancel all pending transactions first - not willing to do that. Then concurrently saw the 10:25 message from Quicken Jasmine; good to know it's a bigger issue, presumably with urgency/priority.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > I have logged into my PNC account several times this morning...no website down issues for me.If that text message showed a 415 area code phone number then it probably was legitimate.  Quicken.com has been sending out text messages to people with Quicken.com accounts (your Quicken ID account) who have entered cell phone numbers into their profiles but who have not yet verified them.  You might want to read the following Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-being-asked-verify-my-email-or-phone-number.  The phone number listed is the number that the text came from, not the phone number that is linked to the Quicken.com account.  And the number might be different that what is shown in this article but it will come from area code 415.  A poorly worded text message for sure.  And, no, this text would not have anything to do with this PNC Bank connection issue.

    Thanks Boatnmaniac! Yes, I can now see all of my accounts on the PNC website. Also, yes, the text message came from a 415 area code. Thanks for explaining that.
    - Jim S.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    MCybulski said:
    Had PNC Bank Help Twitter DM session going - they said a) "no reported issues at this time", b) "deactivate, and reactivate". In Quicken, if you click Deactivate, it warns that you should cancel all pending transactions first - not willing to do that. Then concurrently saw the 10:25 message from Quicken Jasmine; good to know it's a bigger issue, presumably with urgency/priority.
    I would not try deactivate/reactivate at this time.  Because there appears to be a server issue if you deactivate you will not be able to reactive...at least not until the server issue is resolved.  And, as you noted, you will lose your DC online bill pay and transfer transactions links with PNC.  The transactions will still occur as scheduled but Quicken will not get status updates from PNC for those transactions until they are posted at and downloaded from PNC.  Then they will download as new transactions which hopefully Quicken will match but you might need to do that manually.
    What I would periodically try to do is to run OSU or Update Now with an occasional Reset Account thrown in.  Doing these will not break the DC connection link with PNC.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R37.66 on Windows 10)
  • Just spent an hour on phone with PNC tech support, including Tier 3. Tier 3 confirmed the issue is with Quicken, not the bank.
  • per this post
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20226018#Comment_20226018
    it is neither Quicken, nor PNC, but an outage at the provider of ebanking services to multiple banks
  • dss1
    dss1 Member
    At 1856 EST I was able to direct connect to PNC bank.
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    My update worked just now. Issue resolved I hope :)
  • ProfQuill
    ProfQuill Member ✭✭✭
    I too was having this problem with PNC since at least Sunday 12/19, fortunately, I found this discussion so didn't do anything drastic, just waited it out and retried it, and the errors are gone. Is it truly fixed?  Well, I do see something anomalous in the OSU summary, it reports my balances as of 12/17/2021, and one account says there is one new transaction downloaded, and none to review.  But there are no transactions actually downloaded and indeed my last one was on 12/17, so my balances wouldn't have  changed since 12/17.  Otherwise the balances and transactions are correct,  maybe just a quirk of the outage?  I do have a pending transaction in another account so we'll [well, I] shall see what tomorrow brings. 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    ProfQuill said:
    I too was having this problem with PNC since at least Sunday 12/19, fortunately, I found this discussion so didn't do anything drastic, just waited it out and retried it, and the errors are gone. Is it truly fixed?  Well, I do see something anomalous in the OSU summary, it reports my balances as of 12/17/2021, and one account says there is one new transaction downloaded, and none to review.  But there are no transactions actually downloaded and indeed my last one was on 12/17, so my balances wouldn't have  changed since 12/17.  Otherwise the balances and transactions are correct,  maybe just a quirk of the outage?  I do have a pending transaction in another account so we'll [well, I] shall see what tomorrow brings. 
    I, too, just ran OSU and it shows that PNC updated and the errors went away.  However, I am not convinced that the issue is fully resolved because when I clicked on the blue underlined link showing how many accounts were updated under "PNC Bank - Direct Connect" in the One Step Update Summary report it shows that the last downloads to my accounts occurred on 12/18...that's 2 days ago and before this issue started.
    My guess is that the issue is partly resolved but not entirely resolved, yet.
    EDIT:  I just ran OSU for Wells Fargo, another bank caught up in this issue, and it updated properly.  There are others also reporting that WF updated for them, too.  Things are looking up!
    (QW Premier Subscription: R37.66 on Windows 10)
  • BillM0109
    BillM0109 Member ✭✭
    All good here. PNC accounts updated and last download date reset. Thanks Quicken.
  • Doc C
    Doc C Member ✭✭
    Quicken is trying to get me to go through Charles Schwab which was working! Of coarse now it's not! Completely lost PNC Investments which now doesn't recognize my credentials and quicken won't offer to let me link to my accounts. Part of the foolishness is PNC using Web connect, Direct connect Express and I don't remember what others, all with different logins!
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Doc C,
    Use Direct Connect for any account you can.  I have been using D. Connect with PNC for over 20 years and this is the first time I have had any trouble with this account.  Schwab used to use Direct Connect and I have had no problems with them either, until they just started to use Web Express around Nov 18th.  Nothing but problems now.  Same with Capital One and Sallie Mae - all Web Express - nothing but problems.  It is a a cheaper connection method and your get what you pay for!
  • WBajwa
    WBajwa Member
    the "direct connect" with PNC is working again as of 6:40 AM on December 21, 2021
  • fnatale1
    fnatale1 Member ✭✭
    Confirmed! I'm back in action. Download working flawlessly. This info sharing is great. Thanks to all who chimed in and provided feedback to Quicken and the banks. Saved me from taking actions that I likely would have regretted later. Happy holidays!