Adding ESPP & RSU for Quicken Mac.

Options
rbala84
rbala84 Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Is this feature missing in Mac? I find this feature very convenient in Quicken Windows - is this missing in Mac? Any plans to add it in the future and if so when?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @rbala84,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question. I have attached a link regarding how to add an ESPP account, I hope you find this resourceful. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-add-account-track-employee-stock-purchase-plan-espp-shares

I would also like to make you aware that we do currently have an active alert regarding updating and adding accounts in Mac so this feature might not work right at the moment. However, you can bookmark this alert to follow for updates and to keep an eye out for when it is resolved so that you can add your investment accounts. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904181/new-12-21-21-slowness-updating-accounts#latest

I hope this helps to resolve your question and please do not hesitate to reach out if you require any more assistance. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rbala84
    rbala84 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine - Not sure if will work on Quicken for Mac - I do have separate account for ESPP - but in Quicken for Mac - when you 'Enter Transaction' under the brokerage account - there is no option for Adding ESPP Share 'Buy' or 'Sell' unlike Quicken Windows where there is an option to do that
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @rbala84,

Thank you for responding. As far as I can see, this is currently a feature only available for windows. However you can create an idea post where others can vote to hopefully get this feature added for Mac

To request this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rbala84
    rbala84 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Its there -- and under consideration for close to 2 years now !
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7337810/add-capability-to-enter-stock-options-restricted-stock-grants-in-quicken-mac-63-legacy-votes#latest
  • Ross P
    Ross P Member
    Options
    I was looking at this myself today. I didn't realize it was a Windows Only feature and that Mac is still the ugly stepchild of the computer world. I just added it as a separate account and track them by "buying shares" and then an offsetting cash deposit. It's ugly but functional. Now to figure out the RSU side which doesn't seem to exist.

For a financial product that has been around for as many years as Quicken there seems to be a LOT of holes.
  • rbala84
    rbala84 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Ross - it's not a matter of just adding Shares as Buy - its the flexibility of taxes too. I currently ditches Quicken for Mac and moved to windows - but its just convenient to get the same on Mac
This discussion has been closed.