Account Bar bank balance negative when not using 'show saving goal transactions'

Bob Steele
Bob Steele Member ✭✭
When I am viewing my bank account balance in the 'Account Bar' without checking the 'show saving goal transactions in register and reports' the balance shown in my account bar is negative (-29K and regularly changes), yet my register balance for the account shows the correct balance. Yet, when I unslect the 'show saving goal transactions in register and reports' check box, the balance shown in my 'Account Bar' correctly matches the balance found in the register. What may be causing this and how can it be corrected? I have been expereincing this for years and I want to get it fixed - need ypour help, thanks!

Answers

• Hello @Bob Steele,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns. 

Please click on the gear in the top right corner of that account bar on the left of your Quicken. (pictured below)

Is this where you are switching the "Show savings goals" option? 

If so please get some screenshots of the options shown above, as well as the difference that happens in the sidebar balance and in the register. I know you are talking about the sidebar changing only, but I'd like to see what the register balance shows as well. 

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Jon4
    Jon4 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I am having the same problem using Quicken for Windows R37.62.
    When I am viewing my bank account balance in the 'Account Bar' without checking the 'show saving goal transactions in register and reports' the balance shown in my account bar is negative (-29K and regularly changes), yet my register balance for the account shows the correct balance. Yet, when I select the 'show saving goal transactions in register and reports' check box, the balance shown in my 'Account Bar' correctly matches the balance found in the register.
  • Bob Steele
    Bob Steele Member ✭✭
    Quicken Alyssa - here are the screen shots requested
  • @Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to add to this Community discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this as well. 

If you don't mind, could you please provide screenshots of this issue? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I am currently gathering as much information as I can in order to recreate this issue on my end and then report it as a bug if needed. Your contribution is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• jmeander312
    jmeander312 Member ✭✭
    Same problems here. The account bar for two accounts that have no related savings goal transactions is suddenly reporting different balances than the register, when the display savings goals option is toggled off. One account bar balance is showing a larger amount, and the other is showing a smaller, different amount. When toggled on, the account bar figures are correct.

I have applied the patch for the date sort issue today and that did not resolve the account bar discrepancies.
  • Hello all,

I went ahead and reported this internally as a bug. The development team will receive the report and review the issue. 

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA as to when it will be resolved. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.