Acorns is an option now in Jan 2022 for Mac, but not downloading the balance

Before I began I logged into my Acorns account and see the amounts for both account types. Then in Quicken for Mac I was happy to see Acorns is now an option, and it recognized both the Later (IRA), and Invest (brokerage). Only Simple tracking is available, which is fine. However, after setup it updated the accounts and only displayed a balance of zero for both accounts. I updated again, and when still zero I reset the connection via settings, but it still doesn't display anything downloaded. I changed the download option to only be today instead of all transactions, since Simple tracking can't download the details anyway. But it continues to show zero securities and a zero balance. Anyone able to get it to work?
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm having the same issue. Signed in no problem but just seeing a zero balance.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Before I began I logged into my Acorns account and see the amounts for both account types. Then in Quicken for Mac I was happy to see Acorns is now an option, and it recognized both the Later (IRA), and Invest (brokerage). Only Simple tracking is available, which is fine. However, after setup it updated the accounts and only displayed a balance of zero for both accounts. I updated again, and when still zero I reset the connection via settings, but it still doesn't display anything downloaded. I changed the download option to only be today instead of all transactions, since Simple tracking can't download the details anyway. But it continues to show zero securities and a zero balance. Anyone able to get it to work?
    Hello @Davemanathan,

I am sorry for any confusion or inconvenience you may have experienced, and I thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community regarding this issue. When you say that your balances are zero, you are observing this in the Transactions view of your Acorn investment account or accounts, is that correct? Do you see any individual items in this view, with the total being zero, or is it empty? Perhaps some screenshots may be of assistance to us in this situation, if you are willing to provide these.

I look forward to hearing more from you, if you get a chance to follow up with us about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • cwclifford
    cwclifford Member ✭✭
    I also have this issue. Last year, I added my Acorns accounts: Invest (ETFs) and Later (Roth IRA). What happened was that while one balance appeared correctly, the sum total of both accounts appeared in the other so I gave up and removed them both.

Now, I've added them back (along with a new Acorns checking account, which shows up fine with correct balance and all) but the Invest account shows a zero balance with no transactions. The Later account shows a balance of $118.82 (should be $465.24) and transactions are a few Payment/Deposits from 2015 to present day but certainly not all of them. I have six ETFs but none show up in the Dashboard.
  • Prior to doing the following I logged into my Acorns account and checked my balances. Then in Quicken I deleted the two Acorns accounts. After that I added 'Acorns Later' & 'Acorns Invest' back to Quicken to show the entire process and to show the balance for both display zero, in the attached PDF (I hid private information).
  • My PDF in the previous comment has the wrong IRA type shown--I corrected it in Quicken. FYI: According to Acorns there can be 3 different IRA account types. If anyone else is wondering what type of Acorns Later IRA type you have this is what I did to get the answer. Log into Acorns account > click Later > click the settings gear icon > Account type displays.
  • Claudiob1
    Claudiob1 Member
    Having the same issue with Acorn here, logs in, but no data is downloaded and no error is shown. How best should one set up Acorn in quicken? What type of account/category should it be, brokerage, IRA, etc?
  • claudiomb
    claudiomb Member
    > @Claudiob1 said:
    > Having the same issue with Acorn here, logs in, but no data is downloaded and no error is shown. How best should one set up Acorn in quicken? What type of account/category should it be, brokerage, IRA, etc?
    Change my username. Please respond to this one instead.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    claudiomb said:
    > @Claudiob1 said:
    > Having the same issue with Acorn here, logs in, but no data is downloaded and no error is shown. How best should one set up Acorn in quicken? What type of account/category should it be, brokerage, IRA, etc?
    Change my username. Please respond to this one instead.
    Hello @claudiomb,    

I am sorry that you are experiencing these difficulties, as well. I appreciate that you are taking the chance to further the discussion of this subject here on the Quicken Community. 

Did you see @DaveManathan's response earlier in the thread? Was this helpful in obtaining an answer to the question about the account types? I look forward to your reply, should you have an opportunity to follow up with us again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared