Emmett

Options
Emtgrote
Emtgrote Member
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
I have been using Quicken 2010 since 2010 without any issues. I post all my transactions manually and prefer to keep doing that. My new computer does not have a cd drive so I can't install it on the new computer. Not sure it will work anyway with Windows 11. Can I purchase and download a newer version that doesn't require an annual fee?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013. 

You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or you can buy an external CD drive pretty cheap.  I got one for like $25.  You might need it for other things too.  If you install an old version you will need to update it first.  Quicken doesn't have the old update patches but One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Use a friend's computer or one at the library to copy the contents of the CD to a thumbdrive and install it from the thumbdrive.  You will still need the release patch cited at the link above.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.