How to delete an account when it won't deativate or delete

Options
steveinnc919
steveinnc919 Member ✭✭
Since this new update fully 70% of my accounts do not update. Nothing so far will fix it! Now attempting to delete accounts and start over from scratch. Thanks for that! So far they've been deleting except for a citi card account. I cannot deactivate not delete the account. Any idea short of starting from a new database file?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• m2hoffma
    m2hoffma Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue with a USAA Visa card I'm on version R37.66 Build 27.1.37.66
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    m2hoffma said:
    I am having the same issue with a USAA Visa card I'm on version R37.66 Build 27.1.37.66

Please provide the full name of the financial institution, the connection method being used, and the error you receive when you attempt to deactivate the Online Services: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, and select Deactivate
  • m2hoffma
    m2hoffma Member
    Options
    This morning my quicken did an update. Before I saw this reply, I tried to delete and deactivate the account from the account list and it did not work.

After seeing this post I
    > Re-opened Quicken, did a Validate and Repair database ... which showed no errors.
    > I went to the account did the CTRL+SHIFT+e and deactivate was successful.
    > After the deactivation, I was able to delete the account.

I'm not sure what the root cause was, but when I created a new account for this I worked with USAA to get new Direct Connect credentials and was able to successfully create a new account in Quicken and download the transactions.

The institution is USAA Federal Savings bank.
This discussion has been closed.