Sharing Quicken With Spouse

Options
SilvertonChuck
SilvertonChuck Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
Is there a way for both my wife and I to have one Quicken subscription and share it - both be able to add and edit data on our respective laptops and have it backup to cloud and then sync each laptop? Would each of us have to buy a subscription or would my PC subscription allow me to download an Apple-capable subscription software to my wife's computer where she'd sign in like me? If we were always using Qucken at separate times (not simultaneously) would that work?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there a way for both my wife and I to have one Quicken subscription and share it - both be able to add and edit data on our respective laptops and have it backup to cloud and then sync each laptop? Would each of us have to buy a subscription or would my PC subscription allow me to download an Apple-capable subscription software to my wife's computer where she'd sign in like me? If we were always using Qucken at separate times (not simultaneously) would that work?
    Hello @SilvertonChuck,

I know that subscription questions like these can sometimes be confusing, but I appreciate that you chose to take the time and speak with us about this matter on the Quicken Community.

Though it is possible to store your data file on cloud-based drives/locations, it is considered highly inadvisable, as it can cause data corruption and permanent damage to the information. You can refer to the support article linked here for more information:

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-share-my-quicken-file-between-multiple-computers-using-dropbox

Note that although this article concerns Dropbox, it provides information that can be generalized to storage services, as a whole.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, the Quicken data file format is not the same on Windows and Mac. You can convert from Windows to Mac but the other way doesn't support investments.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.